Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Yeast Infections After Sex

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
Everytime my husband and I have sex, I end up with a yeast infection that takes weeks to clear up. Not only do I have a standing prescription for terazol, I take diflucan every other day-not to mention the enormous quantities of over the counter medicines I purchase. I have spoken to my regular doctor, along with my gyno, and no one can give me a straight answer. I am a non-insulin dependent diabetic, but my numbers are in the acceptable range-around 112. I believe the problem lies with my husband not being circumsized. He refuses to accept the fact that yeast can live and flourish under the foreskin, and he insists that he is "clean", and the problem lies completely with me. Am I wrong in my assumption, and is there any one who knows where I might be able to find any documentation that yeast infections and non-circumsized partners could go hand in hand.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2003
Experienced User
Hun, your husband is the one who is constantly passing on the yeast infection. It will pass back and forth between the two of you forever until he also goes through treatment with you.
|

replied August 27th, 2003
That's what I have been trying to tell my husband, but to no avail. He is the "perfect" man-there's nothing wrong with him, is his normal reply. Several months ago, a friend told me that one of the nightime shows, dateline or something similiar, had ran a story about a study that had been done, comparing circumsized and uncircumsized men, and their wives, and how the frequency of problems, such as yeast infections, occurred more with the wives of uncircumsized husbands. I was hoping to have documentation in hand to present to my husband. But, until that happens, and until he accepts the fact that he is part of the problem, I am not going to have any sexual relations with him. Thanks for reassuring me-that's it's not just "my" problem.
|

replied August 28th, 2003
Experienced User
Bekkitt,
glad I could help. Talk to your doctor, I am sure he/she will have documentation to give you that you could show your partner. Being uncircumsized has its disadvantages with respect to yeast infections...The yeast spores will flourish in the foreskin...Passing back to you, and making your life a living nightmare...I have only had one yeast infection...And my goodness....I would never ever ever want another one. You probably already know this..But don't even use condoms when you have a yeast infection....They hurt like hell with a yeast infection...Especially the lube/spermicide...Agony wasn't even the word! (that's how I discovered I had a yeast infection...After the intense pain I went to the doctor).
Good luck! Smile all your partner needs to do is be treated once...Using the cream...And things should be good...Provided both of you are clear of yeast infections.

Check out this site, there is a section on men and yeast infections.
Http://www.Msu.Edu/user/eisthen/yeast/
|

replied September 5th, 2003
Yeast Infections
U really should start a no sugar no carb diet. I have had chronic yeast and bv for over 14years. Please make an appointment with a nutrition expert and you will have less infections.
|
Quick Reply