Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Vision Crossed Eyed, Eyes Pulling But My Pupils Are Normal.

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
I've had this a few times over the last couple of months but I just had another one it it totally freaked me out.

Basically my eyes suddenly go cross eyed (the vision) and I can feel my eyes pulling and it hurts a bit, not a lot but is very uncomfortable. I got someone to look at my eyes and they confirmed that my pupils were not crossed, so it is my vision not eye movement.

I get visual migraines very frequently, 1-3 times a week without headache and this is different to what I experience during a migraine (numbness, tingling, vision loss, zig-zag lines etc).

I'm 30 and had not had migraines before until august. At the same time my vision has worsened (short sighted), I find it hard to get good vision through contact lenses now so have to wear glasses. I am seeing cloudy swirls and little black hair like floaters which I didn't used to have and I get bright spots of lights floating across my field of vision a lot.

I'm female and have stopped taking the pill when the migraines developed, other than all this i'm healthy.

Please help. What is wrong with me?
Some days my vision is fine, other days I think I need stronger glasses!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 3rd, 2008
Crossed vision episode
My wife had an exact experience last night. Have you determined any cause for your episode?
|

replied July 13th, 2008
Hi there!

I never found out officially what it was but it has been suggested to me by a friend who has had a similar thing that it could be a different form of migraine sometimes referred to as complex or occular migraine. Another suggestion I had from an opthamologist was that it was just a muscle spasm due to being tired and reading a lot.

Since I last posted, I went on pizotifen for a year and my aural migraines cleared up and I haven't had any more of these crossed eye things.
|

replied July 24th, 2008
Respond again please
Could I please ask you to repost the reply - my mail got lost.

best wishes
|

replied July 24th, 2008
Hi there!

I never found out officially what it was but it has been suggested to me by a friend who has had a similar thing that it could be a different form of migraine sometimes referred to as complex or occular migraine. Another suggestion I had from an opthamologist was that it was just a muscle spasm due to being tired and reading a lot.

Since I last posted, I went on pizotifen for a year and my aural migraines cleared up and I haven't had any more of these crossed eye things.
|

replied March 25th, 2009
My daughter
My daughter can cross her eyes then move one to look straight or to the outside while keeping one in towards the nose, is normal? If this isn't normal what is it called and is it dangerous?
|