Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Rapid Heart Rate

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
When I was in hospital with a bleed 6wk ago I was told I had low blood pressure & should rest, since then it has risen & tiredness level got much better - yippee. But !!! I get bouts of rapid heart beat that come on randomly & usually last about 10-15mins, these have got more frequent of late ( am 25+3) so much so that I cant stand suddenly/walk fast etc without getting one. Last night when out I was out I had one that lasted 20mins & felt that heart was going to come tru chest , during episode I fainted twice but was grand after id eaten abit.
Anyway guess my question is.. Have people on here had same? Do u think lbp & rapid heart beat are related??
At last doc appt he said to keep an eye on heart rate as was it appeared stressed but I dont want to seem like a complete hypcondriac by going back to him, esp as my clinic appointment is only 2wks away!
Ps: my heart rate can vary from @ lowest 96 to at hight ( though difficult to count) about 135
|

replied February 12th, 2009
ME TOO
I to have had the same problem!! I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and for about a month and 1/2 Ive had spells where i would get flush and feel dizzy and as though my heart was coming out of my chest. It has gotten up to 145. My blood pressure is also very low around 90/62. I have had an ekg and go next week to get a heart monitor to wear for 24 hours to see if it may be my heart acting up??? my doctors seem to have no clue what is going on and i feel like a complete fool bc everytime i go to the dr ive beem sitting down in the waiting room for an hour and so i feel fine and everything is ok for the time being. It is mainly while i am standing. One of the dr's said it could be pregnancy induced since your blood doesnt circulate as good in your legs when you are pregnant,and while your are standing your blood pressure lowers bc of this- which in return makes your heart rate go up to try and compensate??? i dont know if this will help bc i dont even understand it- but maybe it will help a little?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 25th, 2012
What is going on?!
Same here, I just started haveing these spells where my heart races so fast it feels like its comeing out of my chest.. I freak my self out even more wondering what it could be, I am 14 1/2 weeks pregnant and I this is my second child!
I had NO problems with my 1st..
When my heart started pounding I grabbed a cold rag and put it on my chest and kinda took deep breaths to calm myself down...DIDNT WORK!!!
I laid down in bed this lasted maybe 45min I was freaking out!
My heart rate would slow down & I would think everything was fine then it would start raceing again...
I had alot of pressure in my chest not really pain just alot of pressure.
I didnt and still dont know what was going on!
Today i feel fine..
Had a couple spells today where I thought it was going to happen again but not so much the raceing just the pressure in my chest.
I have a Dr. apt soon im goin to talk to her about it..
But if anymore scares like last night im deff going to the hospital!!
I feel a little more relaxed about it because alot of you have similar issues..
My mom said she had panic attacks after she lost her daughter, She had same feeling!! they put her on xanax and she didnt like how they made her feel so her Dr. rec takeing benadryl I guess its suppose to be like a nerve pill and will help with the pressure in your chest!
Just bought some Im trying it now!
& its safe for prego women!!!
|

replied March 27th, 2009
My third pregnancy
I am in my 25th week of my third pregnancy and I have endured this problem with all three pregnancies. good news is my babies were both healthy and fine, however I am not. I have discovered my Heart rate to increase rapidly from walking up the stairs, but mostly a reaction to carbohydrates and sugars. I don't know if this is what happens to you guys or not, but at about 16 weeks my pregnancy becomes so difficult to understand. My heart rate will usually jump up to 90 to 148 was my highest ever and can last up to 45 minutes of unbearable feelings, of dizziness, I feel like I can't breath. Once each pregnancy i have actually lost my vision,like a blacking out,but somehow I am still conscious. That has always happened when I am in the sitting position. I am writing because I have had an ekg, they found nothing wrong. HEllo I am not making this up and it can't be normal. Lately I 've been feeling like it starts when the blood really increases in my body. I just want help. I love babies, but for five months of my pregnacy, I start to go crazy. I have found that if I start my day off with protein, it helps. If I eat small amounts of high protein food through out the day it helps. But you can't put a pregnant women on a no carb diet. Even an apple will set this heart rate off. I want help, my doctor says well your babies have been, fine but no one has ever monitored what is going on with baby will i'm experiencing 125bpm 4 times a day. please if anyone has any answers I need help.
|

replied April 13th, 2009
rapid heatbeat for 5 month old baby
please tell me my granddaughter rapid heartbeat is normal.
her doctor said it was o.k when she was checked at 3 months but it still beats rapid sometimes and she now 5 months
|

replied May 11th, 2009
rapid heart beat
I am 10 weeks pregnant and for the last 3 weeks I have been experiencing episodes of rapid heart beat. In the beginning it was not that bad and would only last a few seconds. Now It last for about 40 minutes and than I am fine for a few hours. Is this normal to happen so early in pregnancy. This is my second pregnancy and I did not experience this with the first one.
|

replied October 13th, 2009
I have been having similar issues where my HR will jump at random times during the day to 120 and then I feel extremely tired. After I sleep, my heart rate returns to normal. I am 23 weeks. I had some issues with chest pain and my heart racing before i got pregnant. I didn't know it, but I was experiencing panic attacks.... they would come at really random times. They put me on Prozac and it helped tremendously as in I was back to normal and even felt like I had more energy. Well when I got pregnant I weened myself off of them & then this started with the jumping heart rate. My doc just put me back on my prozac... she said it is very possible that my anxiety issues are returning (especially with all the anxiety associated with pregnancy). I have only been back on my meds for 2 days. I will try to keep you guys posted, but this may be something that you might want to ask your doc about.... and see if it is anxiety related. Panic attacks can literally feel like a heart attack or stroke.
|

replied January 7th, 2010
Rapid Heart Beats during Early Pregnancy
Hi Ladies, I am only 3-4 weeks at the moment, still need to go back to get some exact info however for the past two weeks my heart has also been experiencing rapid heart beats and the crazy thing is that it happens when I am sleeping! I wake up to the heart racing and the loud pounding in my head. This will be my 3rd child and I never ever experienced anything like this. It is actually creating a panic that I never had. Can we get a DOC in here to explain what is going on! Thanks!.
|

replied June 18th, 2010
baby
hi lady's, my girlfriend may be preagnate, maby a week at the most, is it bad for her to get a high heart rate randomly? because she started panicking when she found out her friend got arrested, we are both worried about the baby, she is also having stumic pains, any info at all would be greatly apriceated! thanks!
|

replied June 18th, 2010
we also have been a recent fender bender,and she got preaty freaked out, any information would be greatly apriceated by us both1 please reply asap
|