Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Swimmer's Ear Question

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I have swimmer's ear at least I think I do I have all the symptoms but I can't get into a doctor just yet I have to wait a couple weeks..It's all packed up for some reason. But I was wondering if there was things at home that I could minimalize the smell and discharge even get rid of it. That would be great thanks -- chris
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I am not a Dr. But I used to have this trouble alot due to taking showers and my dr told me to use white vinegar and rubbing alchohol and mix it up and squirt it in my ear with a syringe but don't put the syringe in your ear real deep as it is dark in your ear and you sort of get a type of fungus in it and it does not dry properly. You can go out and buy the stuff for swimmers ear he said which is over the counter but he said it has about the same thing in it and this is cheaper, it might burn a little bit plus I used to swim a lot too.
Good luck!
|

replied November 25th, 2006
Alright thanks I will try that and see what happens
|
Quick Reply