Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety, Left Arm Pain, High Blood Pressure

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
Hi,im a 23 year old female im new to the site, and I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for about 1year and 1/2. I have been to the er a numerous amount of times and everything seems to be okay. I have all the known symptoms from arm pain, high blood pressure, chest pain tightness, hot flashes, lightheadness, dizziness, weakness, difficulty breathing, a cough, stomach quesiness, tachycardia, etc. There isnt a day that goes by that I dont at least get one of the above named sympotms. This really is a horrible condition and I wouldnt even wish it upon my worst enemy. I always live in fear of having some type of heart problem, and it truly sucks.

Does anyone here get high blood pressure due to their anxiety?... Or any other odd symptoms that accompany their anxiety.??

Thanks a bunch for the support Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 24th, 2008
I have the same problem, i check my blood pressure frequently and heart rate. I am dizzy, weak, lightheaded. I feels like im being poisoned.
I had alot of test done, and i work as a heart ultra-sounder.
I check my heart frequently! it started at 23yrs for about 3 yrs still occuring.

from everything Ive been through, I saw a neurologist and was told I have a sensitive autonomic nervous system. And was in a high anxiety state alot.
Help you get some answers, stephen
|

replied September 7th, 2009
I am also having almost same type of symptoms. You should not think too much about it. You should consume lot of vegetables fruitus and should plan a regular walk.
Along all this start thinking about your creator why he has created you there must be some one who has created us with some aim. I assure you, you will get rid of your most of problems.

Thanks

Kamran
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied November 5th, 2011
You are not alone I get dizzy hot fast heart rate high blood pressure left arm pain and I check my blood pressure all the time pulse too .I have had every test you can think of done and they can't find anything wrong with my heart sometimes mine get so bad I end up at the er and they say nothing wrong its just a panic attack and nothing is going to happen to u but I thought high blood pressure during a panic attack was bad guess not so I just deal with daily in fear one time I will die from the panic or heart attack just want my life back but u r not alone if u would like to talk. its always good to have people to talk to hope this helps u alittle
|

replied January 10th, 2012
anxiety
i am 17 Years old i have had anxiety for only like 4 months now it was a bad car accident that had triggered it:( my life hasnt been the same since and im in doubt that it ever will be again. I have breathing problems and tightness in my chest, i also get slight pains in the left side of my chest and pains in my left arm, i automatically think oh my god im having a heartacttack but my family says it impossible because im only 17, no one understands! it sucks feeling like im dieing everyday and being scared of death all the time i get light headed alot and im even scared to eat sugar or drink caffine becuase of my fast heart rate Sad i hate this but im not giving up i will not let ths control my life! ive been to every doctor and they say im extremely healthy so i try to keep that in my mind and you should too, i hope this helps Smile and if you know any tips on how to cope with this anxiety problem please let me know, Thanks so much
|

replied July 14th, 2012
I suffered from severe anxiety for five years, been on all types of meds and hated the way they made me feel. I woke up one day and said enough! There has to be a natural way of curing anxiety. I found a life coach, Jon Mercer. He is amazing to say the least. It is called The Easy Calm Series and it teaches you how anxiety is NOT a medical condition and should therefore not be treated like one...sounds crazy I know, but it's true. The problem(and solution) is our thoughts. Anxiety and panic is based on control issues. We panic when we feel we are losing control. This series changed my life and all I did was changed my thinking. Please please check it out. You have nothing to lose I promise! As far as your breathing problems there are NLP Affirmations that help a lot! It teaches you to relax your body. Breathing problems related to anxiety is when your body unconsciously tightens its muscles forcing you to feel as though you need a deep breath when you really don't. Hope this helps, find Jon Mercer you won't regret it!!!
|