Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Ibs And Nausea??

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Hello,

i have ibs and I also have functional dyspepsia.
I wanted to find out how many of you out there with ibs suffer with nausea as a symptom.
If you do, can you explain how it affects you?

Much appreciated!
Barb
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2006
Experienced User
I get nausea with my ibs with bowel movements. The pain gets so intense that my mouth starts watering, I get nauseaous and I began vomiting uncontrollably all over the floor unless I can reach for a trashcan.
|

replied November 27th, 2006
Well that's pretty brutal. My nausea is not associated with bowl movements and i've never vomited because of my condition.
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I use promethazine for my nausea but it kind of knocks me out. I am not a dr but if you go to a health food store or your dr they maybe can recommend something that will help you as I get nauseated for other reasons as well, you might even think about getting a second opinion, I know a friend of mine kept getting nauseated and her dr told her it was ibs and she got a second opinion and it was her gal bladder and something else. I am not saying that your nausea is not related to your ibs, like I said, I am not a dr but it is always good to get a second opinion and if you do throw up alot you can become very sick and dehydrated.
Good luck!
|
Quick Reply