Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Red Marks Resembling Veins Are Appearing. What Are They?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I noticed this near my left armpit area about a month ago, and thought it may be an ugly bruise. Now it still remains and I also have noticed the same marks appearing on my inner and outer thighs. I am experiencing no pain, I live a moderately healthy life to include exercise and a decent intake of fruits, vegetables, and dairy daily, but regardless these marks do not subside. I can think of no hereditary skin conditions in my family except for skin cancer, but these are no cancerous marks like I have ever seen before. They resemble veins, but are not the regular blue tint. They look like the red marks you get from resting your arm or leg on something for awhile and then lift up. Please shed some light on this, so that I can have some idea of what I am dealing with.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2004
Red Veins
Hi txcowboy04,

I was searching on the internet for the problem that I am having and I came across your message. I too, seem to have a similar if not the same problem as you described. I have red marks on my body that seem to resemble veins and stretch marks. I have them on my inner thighs, my side area, and some on my underarm. I also noticed that some are beginning to form on my biceps. I was just wondering if you did find out what it was and what there is to do to cure this? Needless to say, it is very alarming to see these marks, but is it something that I need to be alarmed about? Please let me know of any information concerning this. Thank you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Harpreet Singh