Medical Questions > Nutrition > Diabetic Diet Forum

Acai Berry (Page 1)

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
Hi,

i am 40 years old and was recently diagnosed as "pre-diabetic" I take metformin once a day. I have heard of the benefits of taking acai berry and have began drinking it for a month now. Since I have been drinking acai berry I have lost 8 pounds in the month. I have worked out less than normal, throughout the summer I worked out 6 days a week, 4 days heavy weight training, 2 days on the stairmaster and never lost weight.

Has anyone else heard of the benefits of acai berry on diabetic or pre-diabetic patients?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ATrain1us
|

replied November 5th, 2007
The acai berry is located in the Amazon Rainforest. It is one of the many fruits located there, which is an ideal location for it, since the acai berry prospers in swampy or floodplain areas. In the floodplains, the acai palm stands approximately 15-30 m tall with leaves up to 3 m long. The berry, which is approximately the size and shape of a grape, grows in bunches of 700-900 berries on the palm.
The berry, which is plentiful along the Amazon, also has a number of benefits,including antioxidants, fiber, fatty acids, proteins, and more.One of the most amazing discoveries is the amount of antioxidants. The antioxidants from the berry are much higher than those found in red wine (at least 20 times more) or blueberries (at least two times more), which are two of the largest antioxidant carriers. It is rumored to have the best nutritional value of any fruit on earth, which has earned it the nickname of the “super berry”.

|

replied January 30th, 2008
The Acai Berry
I personally love the Acai berry. One down side i have noticed is the terrible taste though. Id advise trying this Mona-vie drink i get. It is absolutely Fantastic!
|

replied May 18th, 2008
One great way to get the acai berry is to eat it in chocolate! I have been ordering the Xocai power squares (little chocolate squares) that are to die for from chocolaterave.com. Each one has 3,582 orac per square (I'm reading this off one in front of me - lol) They have bars too but I like the choclate square or nuggets the best - you will love them that much I know!
|

replied August 2nd, 2008
The Acai Berry
I have been a fan of the Acai berry for quite some time now. In that time I have found myself to feel alot better. However one of my friends is a diabetic and has taken it.

Within a couple of months of taking the Acai berry he is now at an acceptible blood sugar level of 4.8.

Try it out.
|

replied August 3rd, 2008
Isn't the acai berry drink high in carbs though? I'm diabetic also and any fruit juice is off limits for me due to the carbs - it would send my sugars sky high. I would love to find a fruit juice I could drink but there has to be a lot of sugars in it? That is why I eat the chocolate I mentioned as you get a lot of the benefits of the berries but not many carbs.
|

replied August 3rd, 2008
Shannon62 - Carb issue with Acai berry drink
While I am not sure on the full details to my understanding is it is safe to drink. Not being diabetic myself I cannot safely say. My friend seems to be ok with it though. I would check with your medical practitioner first this way you know if it is safe or not.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but I thought it would be of great benefit for people on this forum to hear about the positive effects it has had on my mate who suffers from diabetes.
|

replied August 4th, 2008
Thanks. All I'd need to do is look on the label - any drink over a few carbs is too high for me to drink. Most juices are very high in carbs. I'll have to look the next time I see it in a store and check it out. I would be shocked if I found it acceptable for a diabetic though for good sugar control. Maybe in tiny amounts - several "shots" throughout the day or something! I do feel better when I eat the chocolate acai berry - its so declicious.
|

replied September 23rd, 2008
Ya Acai does wonders, I've been drinking a Acai Drink called Mona Vie which has 18 other fruits besides Acai and I'm more healthier then ever. It's giving me a lot of energy to work out, Lowered my cholesterol, I lost weight, I had minor back pains,bad cough which I don't get any longer. I've liked the drink so much I become a distributor so I can get it for wholesale pricing instead of retail. So I save a lot of $. I wish everyone could drink it and I try to tell people about it in this forum but advertising isn't allowed. I can see why since there's so many garbage health products that don't work and this great forum would just get flooded with it.
|

replied October 29th, 2008
There is a ton of researc on Acai berry, which shows it to be a powerful AntiOxidant.

This may help reduce inflammation, aiding in your blood glucose levels.

That being said, the best thing to do for pre-diabetes is to:

exercise
lose weight (if needed)
eat a healthy diet

No amount of Acai can beat those three.
|

replied December 13th, 2008
To Shannon-Very Carbs in SuperJuice
Looking at a bottle of the acai superjuice right now.....the carbs are 5 grams per 2 oz serving or 2%. Each day you would take two servings, one in the AM and one in the PM. Compared the the "no sugar added" fruit juice my son drinks.....27 grams of carbs and 22 grams are from sugar!!! There is no added sugar in the super juice, but it does have natural sugar. You should also keep in mind that drinking the juice regularly will help your body to regulate your sugar all by itself. I know an extreme diabetic who was on 3 different meds to control it and still couldn't get it below 180. Started on the juice now he's down to 120 and taking only one med to help regulate!!!
|

replied January 6th, 2009
be careful. because the original poster stated diabetic, lets not rush into it. i wanted to try it and got scammed. so i did it again, this time reading the fine print. i wrote a quick blog on how to get around it and get a real free trial. i am not pushing it by any means, but if you are going to try it out, at least save yourself the headaches i went through.

|

replied February 2nd, 2009
Watch out for those free trail stuff they offer.
I got scammed a couple times and never got the product but they charge my credit card .
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
my sister uses it says it helps
I'll be honest I don't need it I'm ok, my sister Kathy is a little over weight however and had this new year's resolution to lose the extra fat so she got some organic acai berry and she says its working, slowly but surely :p She's obsessed by this stuff! She spent a great deal of time researching all the companies. living healthy is a lifestyle.
|

replied March 21st, 2009
Acai Berry
Acai Berry is a natural product to lose weight. I use this and find myself in a good shape and confident so here i would like to share this with everyone. If you are over weight then i would like to suggest you to try this natural product it will really helps you with out any side effect.
|

replied March 21st, 2009
Acai Berry Health benifit
The Acai Berry is found in the rain forests of South America and has been a popular fruit with the people of its native land for many

generations. Pronounced "ah-sigh-ee",the acai fruit has recently become the subject of a North American health craze with the

introduction of various acai drinks, health products and weight loss supplements.
|

replied March 21st, 2009
Acai Berry
There was a time when I was grossly overweight. At that time, I had no clue about the acai berry. I was fat, ugly, sloppy and laden with a negative attitude. Acai Berry has changed my life totally. If you are facing the same problem I suggest you to try Acai Berry
|

replied March 31st, 2009
watch out with free offers of Acai Berry
Even if they work be very careful to read every single line of the free offers in the internet otherwise you can easy overlook the fact that after they send you the free Acai Berry you must cancel any further shipment. If you don't you will be billed on your credit card with about 80$ after 14 days and every month thereafter. In addition you become a member of a "club" and you will be billed monthly with almost 30$ and on top of that there is another little charge of 3$. If you try to see their websites one is not accessible and the other clearly says "if you have problems recognizing a charge on your credit card - call here". It is a scam. So whenever you think that is for free read the terms (they are written with very small font!).
|

replied April 11th, 2009
Acai Berry
I Love acai berry and these products are very effective for health. Along with the Acai Berry Formula for weight loss, I chose to opt for the Colon Cleanse therapy as well.. I watched more television and saw berry making it to the top of the charts, more often than I had expected. This prompted me to research further-this time through the means of the World Wide Web. I did so and soon found these 2 supplements on various sites-they were perfectly natural and free from any harmful side effects. I took to them instinctively.
|

replied May 12th, 2009
Re: Acai Berry
ATrain1us wrote:
Hi,

i am 40 years old and was recently diagnosed as "pre-diabetic" I take metformin once a day. I have heard of the benefits of taking acai berry and have began drinking it for a month now. Since I have been drinking acai berry I have lost 8 pounds in the month. I have worked out less than normal, throughout the summer I worked out 6 days a week, 4 days heavy weight training, 2 days on the stairmaster and never lost weight.

Has anyone else heard of the benefits of acai berry on diabetic or pre-diabetic patients?

im a believer in the acai berry also...i have an amazing product and opportunity relating to this extraordinary berry...
|

replied August 11th, 2011
Acai berry has been proven to be effective in increasing metabolism. It also helps in suppressing appetite, so it is not surprising to know that you were able to lose weight when you took acai berries. I'm also a big fan of acai berries and I've been enjoying its health benefits for several years now.
|
12 >>
Tags: weight, Diet
Quick Reply