Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Feeding Question

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
Ava stopped at 1 oz. For her last two bottles to sleep. We give her 3 oz., but she stopped at 1 and then she goes into a deep sleep. It bothers me that she's not eating all of it.
What do? Just let her?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
When she's ready to stop, she'll stop. Ya know?

She'll definately let ya know when she's ready for the rest! :d

it's normal for them not to eat what you think they should. Sometimes to a baba, sleep is more important!!!

Rest with her!!!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
My friends son did that but he would eat 1oz every hour all night long rather then the 3-4oz so it made for long nights lol hopefully that doesnt happen withyou
|

Especially eHealthy
Don't worry (easier said than done, I know). Babies eat when they are hungry. Some babies/children have patterns to their eating. Others seem to be random.

For instance, my son was breast fed every 2 hours and had to nurse for 45 minutes. My daughter was totally different. She was a quick nurser and ate whenever she saw fit. There was no 'schedule' and no set amount of time in between.

The only cause for alarm would be if your daughter lost weight - which doesn't seem to be the case.

Relax. You are doing fine Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
In the beginning your baby will eat what she wants when she wants....For the first few weeks I would let her do what she wants for the time being. And then start getting her on a schedule. That is what I did.
|
Tags: sleep
Quick Reply