Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Swollen Soft Palate

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
The little dangling thing at the back of my throat (i think it's part of the soft palate) is so swollen that, instead of just hanging in my throat, it is right down my throat (i can feel it everytime I swallow), and sometimes it moves and ends up resting on my tongue. It's blood red in colour, along with the inner edges of my throat. Please tell me what you think this is and what I should do. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper llgreen_1
|

replied April 20th, 2009
Swollen Soft Pallet
I'm pretty sure it has to do with a sinus gland. Sometime related to allergies the sinus cavity (above the soft pallet)gets aggravated and tends to swell up. For a remedy that normally works for me is warm saline solution. I am not a doctor so if problem persists please seek medical attention.
|

replied December 8th, 2010
Soft Palate
I'm having a tickling sensation at the soft palate that is causing me to cough (mostly when I m lying down). Could this be sinuses as well?
|
Quick Reply