Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Missing Bc Possible Pregnancy?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Well here it goes. I know a lot of people have asked this question and I have had a lot of people tell me the answer around me but I was wondering if this is possible or if it has happened to anyone so here it goes:
i missed 3 of my pills and had sex on each day of the missed pill. I suck at taking the pills b/c I always forget to take them. I work afternoon and nights so I always forget to take them but normally remember in the morning and take them then. Sometimes I take it regularly but sometimes I take it in the morning when I remember. Well I missed the 3 days and took all 3 the day I saw that I missed them. Which was probably nov. 1, 2, and 3. I then missed another 2 days 5 days later. Well just recently I have been having back aches, sharp pains in my abdomen, sick feeling, actually thrown up once today, and headaches at night. I took a test last thursday to calm my nerves it was negative. I know it was way too soon to even come up but I had to see that negative to reassure myself. I havent been really thinking about it and I started getting the sick feeling. Well now I want to take a test which I am tomorrow so I can see the negative and calm my nerves b/c I do really think its just nerves. And then im taking another one on tuesday since im suppose to get my period on the 23rd. My question is, do I have a really high risk of being pregnant with these symptoms or could it just be my nerves? I've been on the pill for 9 months already. Give me some advice please?!??!?!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2006
Reassurance
Hi there -
i think it's very unlikely that you're pregnant. The symptoms you're having sound like things which can easily happen from taking the pill irregularly - taking 3 pills in one day especially can make a person feel very sick (it happened to me a few years ago).
Maybe you want to consider a different form of birth control since it's difficult for you to take the pill at the same time every day. The new hormonal iud could be good for you - it lasts 5 years and you don't have to do anything!
|
Did you find this post helpful?