Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Complications!!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 16 years old and I currently found out that I am 4 weeks pregnat while I was having an emergency gall bladder surgery and luckily the baby didnt die but unfortunatly their are still great risk due to the anestia and ect .. I am trying to decide weather I should keep it or not becuase of the risk of deformation and so on..If you know anything please w/b asap
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
If you're looking for advice about whether to abort, you should try the abortion forum. The pregnancy forum is meant for women who want to keep their babies.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

I do want to keep my baby if I didnt I wouldnt be asking. I just want to see who knows about complications..
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Re: Complications!!!
abcmft wrote:
i am trying to decide weather I should keep it or not becuase of the risk of deformation and so on..

were you talking about adoption instead of abortion then? Or did you not mean to type this?
|

I want to see what complications my baby might have after the surgery..Thats all!!
|

You might try talking to your Dr. Then make your decision. If you really want this child then you will keep him/her no matter what the complications are unless your Dr. Advises otherwise.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
The deformities of your baby should not matter unless they are life threatening to him or her. I don't know much about the risks of birth defects from such heavy medications or whatnot. I'd call your doctor &ask about it.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, I agree with arcadia, your dr is the one you need to talk to about this and you should possibly know who your anesthesiologist was along with your surgeon. I wish you the best!
|

Especially eHealthy
If you found out during an operation, i'm certain they have given you at least some idea of what may or may not be a complication.

A lot of women have surgeries when they are pregnant (not elective surgeries) and nothing has happened to the baby. But you have to speak to your personal doctor. Find an ob - your surgeon should have recommended one.

Good luck
|

replied November 15th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Complications!!!
abcmft wrote:
i am 16 years old and I currently found out that I am 4 weeks pregnat while I was having an emergency gall bladder surgery and luckily the baby didnt die but unfortunatly their are still great risk due to the anestia and ect .. I am trying to decide weather I should keep it or not becuase of the risk of deformation and so on..If you know anything please w/b asap

just because there *might* be a risk doesn't mean that something will definately happen to your baby. I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks and the week before I had an mri with a contrasting dye that has been known to cause serious birth defects. I continued with my pregnancy b/c I love my baby no matter what and she is developing perfectly normally and is due on the 28th Smile don't end the pregnancy b/c of what *might* happen.... B/c what if something didn't happen....
|

replied November 18th, 2006
Thank you for all your advice
|