Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

Menopause And Abdominal Pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I am 54 years old and I believe I most recently moved from peri-menopause to menopause, based on more frequent hot flashes (night and day now) and this past month I missed my period for the very first time. I am now 2 weeks late and am experiencing a pain in my lower right abdominal area near the groin. Can anyone tell me what's going on? I'm in very good health, although a fibrous tissue was noted on my last exam 3 months ago. It was very small. Does this have something to do with the pain i'm experiencing? Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 18th, 2010
Going through menopause
I would like a response to this as well. However, the last three days, I have had lower right abdominal pain near the groin and also, in my lower right back. Can someone please tell me what is going on there ? I went months without a period and then I started, now its been at least 4 months with no period and I am feeling the symptoms like I am going to start. But for 3 days these symptoms have been going on and nothing yet . Will I start ? or what should I do ?
THanks
|

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2010
Community Volunteer
There can be questions asked of Menopause that only your OB-GYN can answer....However, we all must realize that going through this time in life is different for everybody....Only a physician can answer your questions about fibrous tissue problems....If you have a lower pain in your groin area and back again this is something that cannot be answered over the internet...It should be checked out...If you are concerned I would suggest that you see your physician...We try to do all we can here, however, it is sometimes better with hands on treatment.....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied October 15th, 2012
menopause?
I would like a response too..I am 48, regular periods, but have been having abdominal cramps throughout the month. Once in a while, I'll have a day that I don't have cramps...but they are pretty constant. I have never had a lot of PMS problems...and I'm very active, energetic and in tune with my body. I have also experienced some lower back pain that is always lingering. 6 mos. ago, I had several UTI's and I fear that something is wrong..like ovarian or cervical cancer. When I had my annual exam in March, he didn't see anything abnormal. Any suggestions? Thanks!
|