Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

Why Cant I Get Pregnant? (Page 1)

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Me and my boyfriend have been trying to have a baby for the last 2 month's. The first month I got my period, the second month I got my period 4 days early and I got it during sex its not like any period ive ever had. Can I be pregnant this time ? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JoJo56
|

replied September 8th, 2003
Experienced User
Well one thing I know for sure is that if you stop trying so hard then you will get pregnant. I used to think that I couldn't have babies because I had unprotected sex several times in my past and never got pregnant until recently when I was raped . Also you have to have sex when you ovulate cause thats the only time you get preganat.
|

replied September 11th, 2003
Fertility
Me and my husband has been trying for 10 years no luck yet.I have just had surgery 1 month ago .I have chronic pelvic pain-dysmenorhea-dyspareunia. My doctor saids now I may be going thur the change but I dont think so.I have a 22year old daughter. But we would like to have one togather.If you have any thing that would help us please write back Crying or Very sad
|
Users who thank angl17693 for this post: pregnantjan 

replied September 14th, 2003
Mommyofone
Hi my name is mary I know a couple who always had sex with out protection when he was about to come he would pull out. I guess like after 2 years they decided to have children but it was really hard for them to et pregnant so maybe thats what happened to you. Don't loose hope because they did have a babe but they had to go through a lot of treatments.
|

replied October 6th, 2003
2 months I snothing to worry about...I would give it time..If you are not pg now..
|

replied November 14th, 2003
Experienced User
Hi Dont Worry 2 Mths Isnt Long,
Me and my hbd hve been ttc for three yrs now.I tried clomid and iui .Then fnd out he hd a low motility and I mde him a appointment with a urologist they found a growth on his uretha tube blocking some of his seman.They removed it.It is bonighn then his prolactin level was high and did a mri for a tumor on the pituatory gland there wasnt one it was just high when he did the blood test.My cycle is irregular I tried provera which didnt really work for me .So dont give up time and hope.But stress will cause you fromm getting preg also.
|

replied August 11th, 2006
I Cant Get Pregnant
I been trying for a yr to get pregnant and I cant get pregnant. I have irregular period and I havent got my period for 3months and I dont understand why and I cant get pregnant if we been trying for a yr and I havent got my period for 3months and I got tested 3 times and im not pregnant.
Pls help :cry:
|

replied July 15th, 2007
Re: I Cant Get Pregnant
me and my Husband have now been trying for almost 7 years to get pregnant. every month my period comes. sometimes regularly, sometimes not. sometimes it's heavier than I think it should be. we've tried taking vitamins, supplements, you name it. both of us have recently quit smoking. both of us are in good shape (we walk atleast 5 miles a day, normaly more) we've tried figuring out my ovulation cycle but that can get very difficult when I am not regular. he is 34, I am 30 he has fathered a son, and i have had two sons. is there any advice you can give us? aside from going to the doctor...lol
|

replied November 8th, 2007
Why Cant I Get Pregnant
me and my boyfriend having been trying for 2 and half months and we are having no luck at all. i am just scared i cant have kids casue i dont have any kids and neither does he and we really dont want to go to the doctor anybody got any advice
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2007
Why Cant I Get Pregnant??
my fience and i have been trying to get preg for like 7 months.. but every month my period comes.. but there has been times were it comes a week early to two weeks early, im not sure why that is.. has this happened to anyone else, and do you know if this is messing up my ovulation times??
|

replied April 30th, 2011
this has been happening to me i have been trying for 8months same situation?
|

replied December 26th, 2007
Can't Get Pregnant
Me and my dh have been trying since our little boy was 15 months old and he is nearly 3 now some people may say i am selfish. But i say these people are shallow minded. They do not know what it is like to try so hard all month and then to get your period it is like losing a chance at happiness. But have faith that it will happen enjoy trying I have a budha and i rub his belly every night and make a wish. Laughing
|

replied January 14th, 2008
Why Cant I Get Pregnant?
i've been trying to get pregnant and its been weird ... i havent gotten my period and i'm spotting here and there ... were both worried
|

replied January 18th, 2008
Hi,

I have been trying for a baby now for 9 months with no luck. I do have an 8 year old daughter but I long to have another. I have suffered from depression since I was a teenager and didn't enjoy motherhood at first, the first time round. I didn't get help for my problems until a couple of years ago and now I long to have the chance to do it again and enjoy it, knowing there is help available. I have just turned 35 and know the clock is ticking. My sister started trying at the same time as me and was pregnant after 3 months. She very sadly miscarried but has just announced she is pregnant again. I am pleased for her but can't help feeling a little jealous. This is just making things twice as hard and I have decided in my head it is just not going to happen. I am so grateful that I do already have a daughter ( and believe me she is the most loved girl in the world!) but i long to give her the little brother or sister she so wishes for.
|

my boyfriend and i have also been trying for several months and nothing... you shouldn't 'try' ... if you try too hard and stress about it, it wont happen... just let it be natural and come when its ready!!! i know thats hard to do, but i've learned to stop 'trying' and just chil! i was told i may not be able to have kids.. that killed me, but i still have hope!!

good luck
|

my boyfriend and i have also been trying for several months and nothing... you shouldn't 'try' ... if you try too hard and stress about it, it wont happen... just let it be natural and come when its ready!!! i know thats hard to do, but i've learned to stop 'trying' and just chil! i was told i may not be able to have kids.. that killed me, but i still have hope!!

good luck
|

First of all, my genuine sympathy and best wishes to those trying to conceive. I totally understand how frustrating and disappointing it can be to try month after month to no avail. I know everyone says to stop trying so hard and it might happen which is true but also easier said than done. Although i cannot relate to those who have been trying for years, my husband and I tried for 8 months the first time and that pregnancy (twins) resulted in miscarriage at 13 weeks. But i got pregnant again 2 months later and had a beautiful, healthy baby boy. I am currently pregnant with baby number and i did get pregnant faster this time however i did miscarry again in between. Knowing when you ovulate is definately helpful, but that can be difficult if you have irregular periods. Anyways, i guess what i am trying to say, is dont give up and best of luck to you all!
|

replied February 15th, 2008
i wish
me in my boy friend tryed over 6 times in i cant get pregnant for some resson i wish i can i only just want one i need to know why
|

replied March 4th, 2008
Re: Why Cant I Get Pregnant?
me and fiancee have been trying to conceive for 2 years and no such luck, we would really like to start a family. what would you recommend we do?
|

replied March 4th, 2008
me and fiancee have been trying to conceive for 2 years and no such luck, we would really like to start a family. what would you recommend we do?
|

replied March 28th, 2008
mommyofone wrote:
Me and my boyfriend have been trying to have a baby for the last 2 month's. The first month I got my period, the second month I got my period 4 days early and I got it during sex its not like any period ive ever had. Can I be pregnant this time ? Sad
Confused I know how you feel me and my boyfriend has been trying and i haven't been trying hard i been trying to take it easy you know but 2 months has went by and no little one. Crying or Very sad
|
Quick Reply