Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diagnostic Techniques, Treatments Forum

Lower Right Abdominal Pain (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I'm not sure exactly where this should go in this forum, so I guess i'll just post here. I'm a 25 year old female having pain in my lower right abdomen

4 days ago I woke up with a sharp (but not extreme) pain in my lower right abdomen. I thought perhaps I had slept wrong or moved too fast in my sleep while holding blankets over my shoulder, but the pain has continued on for 4 days now. I was feeling a little nauseated for 2 days before the pain began, but there was a stomach bug going around my area lately so I don't know if it has anything to do with it. It's sort of a sharp/tearing feeling, but I only rate it a 7/10-8/10 on the pain scale at the most.

My symptoms:

1. Pain began inside my right hip bone and even spread down to my groin at first. Pain is still in the same area, but sometimes hovers near my hip bone or wraps around the side of my waist/hip
2. Seems to worsen after sitting at my desk, in the car, or bending down to pick things up.

3. Feels better after sleeping , lying down, etc
4. It doesnt really hurt to press on the area.

Does this warrant a doctor's visit? Or does it seem harmless? It's definitely iterrupting my schedule, but I do not have insurance.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Rod29201
|

replied November 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
My feelings are that if ever in doubt you should go get it checked out even if it is just a pulled muscle as it can relieve your mind and I am not a Dr.
Good luck!
Keep us posted on what you find out.
|

Thank you. I may just go to the doctor to be safe.
|

replied November 19th, 2007
Lower Right Abdominal Pain
I have been having the same symptoms and still dont know what it is caused from and it has been going on for a little over a month now
|

replied January 17th, 2014
I have had the same problem for a couple of months now. My pain is extreme when I move when I wake up, and in approx. the same area as you describe. I finally went to the doc a week or so ago and he suggested a ct scan. I had that done and they said I was constipated. I had had a colonoscopy done not to long before so it was hard to believe that was the cause. After flushing the cocktails for the ct I am sure I wasn't. I have changed my diet and taking the softeners and the pain is still there. It seems it has gotten worse sometimes as I was hardly able to get my sweats on the other morning. The pain does subside after getting up and moving around a while. I am a 69 yr old male.
|

replied November 27th, 2007
Experienced User
Possibilities:
Ovarian cyst
Irritable bowel
Pulled/strained muscle
Hernia
Lymphnodes
|

replied February 20th, 2008
Re: Lower Right Abdominal Pain
I have a pain in my lower right abdomen when I bend down.It does not hurt when I press the painful area.I have seen a doctor and he diagnosed it as a muscle pull but I still have a doubt.
|

replied February 5th, 2009
Did you ever get a diagnosis?
I have the EXACT same symptoms! After weeks of searching and searching the internet for symptoms I ran into your post and you described right down to the last detail exactly what I am experienceing as well. What was your outcome??
|

replied July 6th, 2010
Same thing!
I have the same problem...

Bad news is, I have had it for 6 years and the doctors don't know what it is...

It seems to get better after going to the chiropractor and having my neck realigned...
|

replied February 4th, 2011
(muscle?) pain in female obese lower right abdomen
I have the same symptoms. I'm fine during the day, but in the evening after sitting, I can barely straighten up. It feels like a muscle/groin pain -- started in my hip and lower right back a couple of months ago and has move to the right front groin area and stayed there. It wakes me at night and sometimes ibuprofen helps (sometimes not), but when I get up I'm fine. I went to the doctor and she diagnosed back strain, but I don't buy it. I hurts a lot when it hurts, but when I press on the area, I don't feel sensitive at all. If it were back strain, wouldn't it be constant? I do have IBS, but this is new symptom to me if it's related. I am obese, late 40s female
|

replied March 28th, 2011
abdominal right lower pain
Same here,
pain in lower right belly recently into groin going into right hip at times. doctor said it was a muscle pull i beg to differ 3 months now. started as a line of pain now feels like soar hurts to push belly sometimes hmm not sure. muscle relaxers help when taken everyday but when i stop symptoms still there. worries me shall i see a gynacologist or go back to doctor and get ultrasound?
|

replied May 6th, 2011
Lower Right Side Abdominal Pain
Same same, Whenever I bend over, I regret coming back up (lol) and when I sit a certain way it feel like just a sharp pain, doesn't hurt when I push in there, it's not appendicitis, and I am a very serious dancer so maybe I did pull a muscle. Any ideas? Perhaps an ultrasound because I'm starting to worry. :/
|

replied July 20th, 2011
Severe pain in lower right hip area
I have the exact type of pain. I've also had a complete hysterectomy 5 yrs ago-so not female problem & appendix is gone too. Just had an ultrasound & CT-both showed NOTHING. This has been going on for almost 6 mos & pain is escalating. Ripping, burning, pulling ALL the time now in lower part of right hip. Doesn't hurt to press on it, but boy howdy..just move some & WHAMMO!! There's the pain. My hot pad has become my best friend! LOL. Going to a surgeon at 4 pm today. Hope HE knows whats going on...
|

replied July 20th, 2011
Severe pain in lower right hip area
I have the exact type of pain. I've also had a complete hysterectomy 5 yrs ago-so not female problem & appendix is gone too. Just had an ultrasound & CT-both showed NOTHING. This has been going on for almost 6 mos & pain is escalating. Ripping, burning, pulling ALL the time now in lower part of right hip. Doesn't hurt to press on it, but boy howdy..just move some & WHAMMO!! There's the pain. My hot pad has become my best friend! LOL. Going to a surgeon at 4 pm today. Hope HE knows whats going on...
|

replied August 17th, 2011
right abdomen hurts when press on the area.
Did any one find about this pain?
|

replied September 18th, 2011
I got hit playing hockey at the end of January. Did not think anything of it, but it has not gone away. Clean CT scan, clean ultra sounds indicating no kidney or gall stones. The more active I am, the more it hurts. Pain is just above my hip bone, towards belly button. Initially I thought appendix or ovaries.....tests and Dr.s say nope. Anyone, anyone? Could it be a hernia? I have had an MRI on my back, getting results tomorrow, but I am guessing it comes back clean....
|

replied October 4th, 2011
I have the same pain and I think it is due to adhesions. When I had my hysterectomy the Dr had to spend several hours extra removing them and the pain improved. Now it is back. I have considered surgery again because they have gotten so bad but surgery is supposed to cause them....
|

replied November 23rd, 2011
abdominal pain
i have similar pain, however i have never had a surgery. mine hurts when i press on it and it came after i went ot the bathroom, so not after any strenuous activity. i'm only 17, female, fit and healthy. i have never had cramps before, but i don't think it's them? it's only on my right side. it gets better when i sit up and bend over. any ideas?
|

replied November 26th, 2011
pain in the lower right side of the stomach close to the hip
hi i am 15 year old female and i am having some of the same pains (the lower right side pains close to the hip) for around four days now, my lower right side close to my hip is not in much pain until you apply pressure i am only hoping that it is nothing to do with my appendix as in am doing my GCSE. I have just finished my menstrual cycle 5 days ago so it is not like i and having period pains or anything! i have had this pain before and resulting this i went to the GP, my DR said that i would be in allot more pain if it wast to do with my appendix also recently i have been becoming more emotional and tired it may be because i am a teenager but i have been for the past two years so i don't know why i have only become more tired within the past 4-5 days

thank you for reading this i will try and post to say what happens to me incase anyone else has the same problems
|

replied January 4th, 2012
I am also having the same pain (a dull aching, sometimes sharp, in the lower right pelvic area). I went to the doctor and had a urine test and a pelvic exam, but since I have no other symptoms with the pain, the doctor is convinced that I strained a muscle. She told me to take it easy. She added that if it doesn't get better in the next few weeks that I could get a pelvic/transvaginal ultrasound for my own peace of mind, but she thinks that I am okay. I feel like it's something more than a pulled muscle, but I'll wait it out. The pain isn't excruciating and it hasn't stopped me from leaving the house or anything, so I can tolerate it for now; however, I think it may eventually drive me crazy. Smile
|
12 >>