Medical Questions > Nutrition > Atkins Diet Forum

Why Did I Stop Losing Weight?

I have a question for the forum. I've lost 24 pounds from the middle of november until the begining of jan. But I haven't lost any weight since. What's the deal?

I've been eating the same things which is usually for breakfast either a bowl of cereal or bagel and a yogurt with either at 10 am.
For dinner I usually have romaine letters with grilled chicken and low cal. Dressing.

For exercise, I fast walk on a treadmill for a halh hous 5 days a week. I usually but not lately drink a 1/4 gallon of water day as well.

Any ideas why I stopped losing weight? Your responses are greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 29th, 2004
Experienced User
You have hit a plateau. Many people do this when they have lost alot of weight. Just hang in there and your body will start to burn fat again. Dont forget about weight traing too. Muscle mass will burn fat when your not even thinking about it. Wink good luck.
|

replied January 6th, 2005
Experienced User
The same thing happened to me. You have to eat even less and burn even more calories now. It might take a while to start up again but you'll start losing weight again soon enough but at a smaller pace.
|

replied January 23rd, 2005
Stopped Loosing ..
Yes your body has gotten use to what u have been eating.. Meaning this amount of food is now what ure body is use to..

You will have to try some thing else.. This useally works for me...

Get off your diet for about a week and eat whatever.. This throws your metabolise for a loop...

Then after a week go back to your diet...You should start back to loosing..

Your metabolize gets into a habit.. Throw it off course for a while and u should return to loosing again..

Hope this helps you.. And good luck..And dont feel guilty about cheating for a week.. You are trying to get your metabolism.... Moving again..
|
Users who thank BLUE4ME for this post: spiritguide 

User Profile
replied September 2nd, 2009
if you want to lose some weight i can refer you to some one that had the same problem i just need to know how much do you weight to tell my friend
|

replied July 10th, 2010
Well, I think that you got the answer. But aren't you satisfied with what have you achieved? I would be proud of myself if I was you !Smile

|

User Profile
replied October 4th, 2010
Lots of people on diets and exercise regiments come to this problem. What you have accomplished is a plateau. Your first one in many.

In order to lose more weight, you will have to step it up a notch and continue at that until you reach your next plateau. It's not easy, but if you set a goal it is rewarding!
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
i have the same problem i chaNGED MY DIET AND TRIED TO TRICK MY MOTABILISM BUT IT DIDNT WORK IT MADE ME GAIN A FEW LBS SO I RECOMMEND STAY AT YOUR DIET JUST UP THE CALORIE BURN THATS WHAT IM DOING AND SLOWLY IM LOOSING IT AGAIN VERY SLOWLY....AND IVE LOST @35-37 LBS SINCE MID JAN OF THIS YEAR ...DRINK LOTS OF WATER DO NOT DRINK SODA DIET SODA ITS NOT GOOD ITS LOADED WITH SUGAR AND SUGAR TURNS TO FAT BUT DONT DEPRIVE YOURSELF HAVE 1 CHEAT DAY A WEEK ITS NOT GOOD TO FEEL PUNISHED YOU DIDNT GAIN IT OVER NIGHT SO DONT EXPECT TO LOSE IT OVER NIGHT...
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
ohh and do the eliptical you will sweat way more then the tredmill need to also change up your rutein your body can get used to it
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied February 20th, 2012
Experienced User
Did you try eating less after the plateau? Obviously you lost enough weight to the point where your calories in now equal calories out.
|
Tags: weight, Diet
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Robert Wascher
User Profile