Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Single and Pregnant Forum

Dating While Pregnant

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Is it okay to date while pregnant?
Yes Way!
No Way!
Yes, but without being intimate
Depends on the circumstances
44%  44%  [ 8 ]
11%  11%  [ 2 ]
11%  11%  [ 2 ]
33%  33%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 18
User Profile
Just wondering what everyone thinks about this.

Are single expecting moms out there dating, or staying out of the dating game for the time being?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I voted depends on the circumstance. I dont think you should go out to find a guy, go on dates with strangers etc, but if theres someone you are already friends with and both like eachother as more than that, then I think its cool if u get together with them. Ofcourse a lot of guys are put off cos your pregnant, which is understandable, but if he likes u enough he wont be.
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well I said yes way!! If theres a bloke out there that wants to take you out they why not! When I was pregnant with my 1st child I was on my own. Admittedly I was only just 4mths gone so I didnt show at all. I met a man and we went out for dinner. He knew my situation, knew I was pregnant and was cool about it. It didnt turn into a relationship or anything but that wasnt because of the pregnancy that was more to do with the fact I wasnt ready!

To a certain degree of course you have to be careful and take it slow but whats wrong with having a date once in a while. Just because your pregnant doesnt mean you shouldnt be treated to a night out!
|

replied November 30th, 2006
Of course you can!!!!

My friend got pregnant by an ex, he made it clear he didnt want anythign to do with the baby. On a night out in her early stages of pregnancy she met someone, straight away she explained her situation... It didnt bother him. Afew months into pregnancy when she was showing she thought he would change his mind and he still didnt, her baby is now almost 1 and her and the guy are still together.

I dont know how she would of coped without him! And the real father of the baby has been nowhere to be seen!!!
|

replied June 11th, 2014
Dating and pregnant
I just found out I am pregnant and the father has made it clear he doesn't want anything to do with me (the baby he says he will be there for) but I was just good sex as he put it, and I don't see anything wrong with me going out with someone at this point
|
Quick Reply