Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Getting Soft In the Middle of Things?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Is it normal for a guy to go soft during sexual intercourse? My guy goes soft while we are having sex, I just be patenice on things cause he gets hard again, usually he strokes it and fingers me at the same time while he gets hard again... Which is heaven to me... But last time, we was going at it and he stayed soft but still we was so into it so I usually try and hand job him into getting hard again or go down on him again... I know it bothers him, cause last time it seemed like it took forever , to get to that no return point , he just got soo tired he wants to give up sometimes, only I choose not to let him...

Haven't talked to him about it yet, he's really sensative when it comes to the topic of his member...

He stays hard going down on him and handjobs? So what can I do? Any suggestions is great... Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Get784healthy
|

replied November 10th, 2006
How long does he normally last? If its a long time, maybe thats part of the problem. I seem to have pe and last only about 30 seconds to maybe 2 minutes! I also have a small penis um, 4.5 inches (yes erect).

So for both those reasons, I always eat her until orgasm before intercourse. Now lately I have been going soft not during intercourse but while i'm giving her oral. I don't mind the taste/smell so thats not it. Sometimes I can get it back up, other times I can't and she is left a bit frustrated. At least she gets her orgasm from oral but I feel bad for her.

Just not sure why it sometime happens.
|

replied November 13th, 2006
tex789 wrote:
how long does he normally last? If its a long time, maybe thats part of the problem. I seem to have pe and last only about 30 seconds to maybe 2 minutes! I also have a small penis um, 4.5 inches (yes erect).

So for both those reasons, I always eat her until orgasm before intercourse. Now lately I have been going soft not during intercourse but while i'm giving her oral. I don't mind the taste/smell so thats not it. Sometimes I can get it back up, other times I can't and she is left a bit frustrated. At least she gets her orgasm from oral but I feel bad for her.

Just not sure why it sometime happens.

its like proably good 10 mins, just ant never had guy go soft right in middle of it all...... I wish he was into eatting me out but unfortunatly pass relationships ruined that for him.... At least he does other things...
|

replied December 11th, 2009
erectile
I dont have size issues It takes me a long time to cum most of the time and I can usually go more then once I know part of the problem is we have kids and usually dont do it until real late when im very tired but its embarrising when I just all of a sudden go soft even though im really into it and cant get it back up for a while or sometimes I just cant get started though lately ive been under alot of financial stress still Im not performing like usual some of the time and going soft for no reason worries me
|

replied December 21st, 2010
ED?
This is a real problem for me. I have had three relationships and this has happened with all the ex's. I am dating someone who is amazing and really makes me very happy. We get busy and then all of a sudden I go soft. Usually at the beginning of the relationship I have no problem with this, about 6 months into it however it starts happening. I know i make my partner feel self conscious. Is this a mental block? I do try to get it back up and I can be successful or not by masturbating or kissing however this is now a reoccurring problem. What do i need to do. I'm 22, i should be constantly hard.
|

replied December 11th, 2011
Totally the same both my ex's and now the beautiful girl im seeing i was thinking mabey stress related, think iv blown it with her now, possibly mentally thoughts like if u keep telling urself ur gona mess it up u do actually mess it up and u panic without knowing you are.
|

replied December 30th, 2010
A couple of years ago, I commenced to have a simular problem and as things progressed, I eventually could not have an errection. The pill did not work and the penil injection helped some but it too eventually failed. Long storry short, a medication that I was taking caused this problem and I eventually got a penal implant (AMS). WOW --- the best thing that I could have done. I am 70 but now I have sex better than a 25 yo person.

The feeling is very natural for both my wife and myself and I DO NOT go soft after I climax so I can continue to please my wife. It is surgery but worth the effort to get it--- at least it works for me!!!
|

replied May 16th, 2012
This sounds like a case of (Perfomance Anxiety) one thing for a guy to do is get him to completely forget about whats going on out of the bed and how he's doing. Basicly make him focus on makeing him self happy (his orgasm)and not you and he'll perform much better. (make him comfortable)
|

replied May 21st, 2012
I think you are correct, cause I worry about the negative outcomes and it has happened twice in one night. But I think that I have to focus more on the present than the future. Thanks for the Stage Fright solution. (I looked it up)
|

replied December 31st, 2012
ARE YOU SERIOUS I HAVE BEEN WITH MY HUSBAND 13YRS AND I DOUBT HE IS STILL SO CONCERNED WITH WHAT I THINK. THERE ARE ISSUES OUT THERE NO ONE ONE WANTS TO TALK ABOUT OR CANT EXPLAIN.
|

replied June 27th, 2012
My partner goes soft during sex
The same thing happened to my partner, we have been together 6 years and sex has always been none, and I mean none, maybe 6 times in a year, if I was lucky.
He has a small Mr and issues with it, So during sex he would go soft. I would feel so bad for him that we just didn't do it anymore. Which isn't ideal I know, but we love each other and so kind of ignored the subject.
He tried the little blue pill which did kind of help, but not with the mental issue.
So for the first time a couple of weeks ago, we were both chatting on the sofa, and started talking about how we don't have sex, and I said size wasn't an issue, it had never bothered me, to be honest, size doesn't matter one bit, we should both be happy with what we have, and that was the best thing I could of done lol I wish we had had our talk years ago because things have been looking up lol and it's the best sex ever.
So if your a woman tell your man your happy with the package he's got, and please don't leave it so long like I did.
And if your a bloke please give up on the issue, big or small, as long as the woman you are with loves you, why should you even doubt yourself.
So all have good Future sex
|

replied January 19th, 2013
my partners started doing this too i cant help but think its my fault iv gone from asize 10 to 16 aving kids (his kids) and i think he finds me vile..... but when i ask him he says dont b stupid im unvomfortable iv even gone down the rout of thinking of cheating i need sex and if he dont last long he cant stay hard i love him but sex is goood i dont know what to do i cant put up with this could it b that he dont fancy me?
|

replied January 24th, 2013
my husband and i married for 13 years now i can admit i am very satisfied everytime were having sex but lately his penis become soft while we are having sex, i am not ugly nor a fat girl but i feel his no longer attracted to me, can you give me some reasons why this is happening during our intercourse?
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2013
it happens
I actually have this problem I think it is because of stress but I dont know how to deal with it my gf doesn't get mad because she usually cums before it happens but it frustrates me being a 21 yr old man you don't want your penis to go soft and it only happens once in a blue moon
|