Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Is He Hitting My Cervix?!?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have been with my partner now for two and a half years, previous to him I was sexually active and never had any problems.

Since being with my current partner I have experienced what can only can be described as a sharp stabbing pain when he is fully in me - which i'm guessing is him hitting my cervix? This pain is felt in my lower abdomen and actually makes me cry out in pain - it doesn't linger, it goes until he fully enters me again.

However, we have tried to prevent this by controlling him (ie - only going half-way in), however the problem with this is that I can't feel anything at all. So one way really hurts and the other way makes me want to fall asleep!

We've tried different positions but it doesn't make any difference.

Im really at a loss as I used to really enjoy sex but now I dread it and I just want it to be over. It's getting so bad that we can go months without ever touching each other.

I'm 22 and my partner is 25 so we are both still very young and should be enjoying this experience, is there anyone that can help us or point us in the right direction?!?! Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tex789
|

replied November 9th, 2006
Experienced User
Its supposed to feel good when he hits your cervix...

I don't know what the problem is. Maybe he is hitting it too hard? Have you talked to your gyno about this?
|

wr17 wrote:
its supposed to feel good when he hits your cervix...

I don't know what the problem is. Maybe he is hitting it too hard? Have you talked to your gyno about this?

feel good, are you sure?!?!?!

I havent been to a gyno; I havent even been to my doctor yet. Ill go once I have explored evey other avenue. Im not good with doctors and ill only go if its vital, at the moment I would like to see what other people think and if other women suffer from this first before I start wasting my doctors time with something that could be solved easily from some patience and carefulness.
|

Re: Is He Hitting My Cervix?!?
luckielorz2001 wrote:
Since being with my current partner I have experienced what can only can be described as a sharp stabbing pain when he is fully in me - which i'm guessing is him hitting my cervix? This pain is felt in my lower abdomen and actually makes me cry out in pain - it doesn't linger, it goes until he fully enters me again.

does he have a rather long penis size?
|

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2011
it does hurt when they hit your cervix, the only reason it feels good is the molment the orgasm is close, that pain and pleasure is mixed, its a rare thing to find a guy who can hit it, from my experience it hurts and you want to stop having sex
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I had this problem with my ex. I dreaded having sex with him. But unfurtantly we broke up soon after because he got mad because I wouldnt have sex with him all the time. And he even knew it was hurting me. I went to the doc thinking I had an infection but I didnt. My doc couldnt give me a full explaination. So I couldnt really tell ya anything except for my experience. Maybe its his size. My ex was about 8-9 inches so that could have been the problem. Lol
|

replied November 10th, 2006
I agree with alexa, he may be too long. My man has that problem and when we are at it I have the same pain. But I suck it up usually, after a while it actually starts to feel kinda good. Haven't had good sex like that in a while, i'm almost 36 weeks pregnant. If its not his length, talk to your gyno. It could be something else, medically. Good luck
|

guest120206 wrote:
i agree with alexa, he may be too long. My man has that problem and when we are at it I have the same pain. But I suck it up usually, after a while it actually starts to feel kinda good. Haven't had good sex like that in a while, i'm almost 36 weeks pregnant. If its not his length, talk to your gyno. It could be something else, medically. Good luck

i was hoping that was it. My partner is bigger than previous partners and since this problem has only ever occured with him im beginning to think it may be his size, in which case it will just take a bit of time and carefulness to get it to be enjoyable.
Im going to see my gp tonight for my yearly mot so I will speak to her about it all while im there (much to my dread!), but I dont think she will be able to give me any more advice then what I have got on here.

Thanks alot, youve all really helped, and put my mind at rest!!
Xx

p.S good luck with the baby!!!
|

alexa84 wrote:
... Maybe its his size. My ex was about 8-9 inches so that could have been the problem. Lol

i'll say! Smile mine's only half that size! Embarassed
|