Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Carifairy, Help!

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
Hi carifairy
did you still remember my story??? We've passed 3 days after the usage of cytotec and she was feeling well (she bleeding just like she had her period) untill this morning she got stress and got a colic stomache ache then the fatty-like tissue covered with blood cloth(8 x 3cms and has an irregular form) coming from her vagina, after that the pain is gone... And the bleeding get heavier. My question is what is that tissue.....?????How big usually the tissue that comes out from women womb after an abortion of 5-6weeks pregnancy????Could it be her womb come out???Am so afraid, so confused, please answer me carifairy as soon as you know the answer, thanks a lot..........
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2006
Community Volunteer
I can assure you it isn't her womb come out.
I wouldn't have thought you'd have any tissue that big at 5/6 weeks as the placenta hasn't developed yet.
It is probably some tissue from the lining of the womb.
|

Are you sure she wasn't farther along?
|

Extremely eHealthy
It is normal in a regular abortion by pill to pass large clots for a few days, and it could be normal in this situation also.

Does she have a fever? Has she been active? An aboriton is serious, you should relax for a few days and not work or do much afterwards.

That tissue sounds like more pregnancy tissue, possibly more of the uterine lining.

Most women will bleed quite heavily after a medical abortion, for up to 2-3 weeks on and off.
|