Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Red Skin Patches.

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
About 8-12 months ago I noticed two small brown-red patches on my inner thigh-groin. I didn't think much of them and just sorta forgot about it. I was just keeping them under observation and they grew in size a little. Then a couple months ago I noticed some more red patches in my right thigh-groin exact opposite side, and they seamed to slowly grow and little red patches pop up around them and grow in size very slowly. Well I made an appointment with my dermatologist but he cant see me till dec21st so I figured I would post here with pics and see what you all thought. I am a little worried about skin cancer.

I am haveing trouble getting the links to work so just go to www.Threedcg.Com and click on the avatar folder and the two pictures are there. Can anyone get these links to work for me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 9th, 2006
Re: Red Skin Patches.
I noticed very similar (if not identical) patches on my inner thigh one week ago. I have two one one side, two on the other. The skin surface seems normal, but the original pinkiness has changed to brown. They haven´t grown yet, nor have other appeared, yet, but I don´t like the look of them.
From what i´ve read on the internet they would seem to be good candidates for one of two rare skin cancers. I went to see my local doctor, and he seemed totaly unconcerned and gave me a cream to apply, which after just 2 days has done nothing.
I can´t find any type of skin fungus that would cause these, and the skin surface is normal, which might rule our eczema. I´ll let you know if I find anything useful. I have a web site which might be useful, with images of similar rashes.
|

replied March 7th, 2007
Re: Red Skin Patches.
Hi Johnny,

What I did notice on visiting http://www.threedcg.com/Hernia_surgery/ was that I too had Hernia surgery and the very next day I noticed the first red mark on my forearm. Five months on and I've just noticed two more marks, another near my elbow and one on the back of my leg. I couldn't see any of your pictures but my marks/spots are red and raised and are not going away. No pain either but I'm concerned at our similarities

Is there some link to hernia surgery or is this just a coincidence? I'm going to do some googling!!

Johnny9ball wrote:
About 8-12 months ago I noticed two small brown-red patches on my inner thigh-groin. I didn't think much of them and just sorta forgot about it. I was just keeping them under observation and they grew in size a little. Then a couple months ago I noticed some more red patches in my right thigh-groin exact opposite side, and they seamed to slowly grow and little red patches pop up around them and grow in size very slowly. Well I made an appointment with my dermatologist but he cant see me till dec21st so I figured I would post here with pics and see what you all thought. I am a little worried about skin cancer.

In this first picture this is the side where I noticed the two red patches one of them used to be directly below the dime and about the same size but has since nearly disappeared. The two smaller patches (right of big patch) just recently came up and the large one has been there for about 8 months.

Http://www.Threedcg.Com/avatar/img_0453.Jp g

in this second picture the small patches came up recently probably 2 to 2 1/2 months ago and have been slowly growing in size and smaller red patches pop up around them.

Http://www.Threedcg.Com/avatar/img_0458.Jp g

i don't get any sun in these areas and I don't tan in a tanning bed or anything.

I am haveing trouble getting the links to work so just go to www.Threedcg.Com and click on the avatar folder and the two pictures are there. Can anyone get these links to work for me?
|

replied May 31st, 2009
red skin marks
I am experiencing something very similar to this. First I noticed a cluster of reddish purple skin marks on the top of my left foot. Now it is brown and has never gone away. I have had this for over 9 months. Not itchy or sore. My husband noticed I have spots on the backs of my thighs. One fifty cent piece sized circular spot, which goes from red to purple, also not raised sore or itchy. I have 3 of the irregularly shaped ones on my left upper rear thigh and 2 on the right.

My doctor immediately deemed this all Ringworm or a fungal infection. 2 months of creams and no improvement. Now he has me putting steroid cream on it. NOT WORKING!!! These don't look like they are going to go away ever and if I get more I am going to be really upset! No sun exposure to the thigh areas. I am considerng UV light there just to see if it improves.

HELP!!! Kim
|

replied July 7th, 2009
I have a similar problem - about 3 weeks ago a reddish brown patch appeared on my neck. Not itchy, not sore, not dry, not flakey, only slightly red. The doctor told me it was probably a fungal infection and told me to use canesten on it. this has made no difference. Has anyone else found a solution that works? Does anyone know what these patches actually are?
|

replied July 15th, 2009
red spots on the left breast and is itching me
couple days ago i see some small red spots on my breast and they are itching me,what is the the problem
|

replied August 3rd, 2012
Fruitless
This is the most useless site. Everyone just responds that they have the same thing. No one has answers, and when someone does get an answer from a doc, or the spot goes away, etc... they NEVER come back to clarify things. Pointless
|

replied August 10th, 2012
Likely Cause
hi guys i had 2 patches on my collarbone im sure it was two years ago. i thought it might just be dirt, i had a mate who had it all over his neck which is now gone.

anyway one of the patches has gone the other is there but i think it comes and goes, but today i noticed lots more on my back one a few inches long which have come up recently.

my mother has had two appear on her head on a couple of occasions in the same place and looked he same!

ANSWER:

from what i've found out

1. Likely Hives caused by stress or allergic reaction to some thing like aspirin, can also be caused by heat or sweating alot all of which i have had and done today! also hot showers (i noticed in the shower)

from wikipedia

-Aquagenic: Reaction to water (exceedingly rare)
-Cholinergic: Reaction to body heat, such as when exercising or after a hot shower
-Cold (Chronic cold urticaria): Reaction to cold, such as ice, cold air or water - worse with sudden change in temperature
-Delayed Pressure: Reaction to standing for long periods, bra-straps, elastic bands on undergarments, belts
-Dermatographic: Reaction when skin is scratched (very common)
-Heat: Reaction to hot food or objects (rare)
-Solar: Reaction to direct sunlight (rare, though more common in those with fair skin)
-Vibration: Reaction to vibration (rare)
-Adrenergic: Reaction to adrenaline / noradrenaline (extremely rare)

2.Shingles- i had this in my early twenties which is uncommon, caused by chicken pox virus which stays in your nerve endings suppressed by your immune system.

can outbreak from weak immune system to stress or in my case nerve damage from falling asleep in a chair and waking up with a dead leg that was numb for weeks!

does not look like shingles to me its painless and no sore blisters.

i google imaged Urticaria/hives and my patches dont look as bad as the ones i saw, i had them long ago and im not dead yet so doesn't worry me unless i wanna take my shirt off in the sun.

hope this helped.
|