Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

23 And Choosing...

Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....
Almost every women in my family has endro. But I didn't think much about it. About two years ago I started to feel tired, but I thought it was school (i mean college is supposted to be grooling right?). Then 8 months ago I got this huge wake up call. I was in the garden doing yard work and my back started to hurt. I thought I overworked myself or was dehydrated. So I went inside and had a cup of water and sat down, but the pain increased. For three hours I layed on the floor in the fetal position and everytime I tried to move it made me scream.

I made an appointment the next day (which was for a week later). I got started on birth control (didn't work and the pains got more frequent). Now I am in my second month of chemically induced menopause (lupron).

They told me the pains would get worse for these months, but I have not has a day without them. I am will start a new pain medication tuesday (they stopped making hte first - panlor ss, and the second doesn;t do anything but make me feel like a long and take away what little energy I have) and i've already have surgery to remove some of the endro. My sister had 8 before surgery and I saw what it did to her. My doctor says that I can have a hysterectomy if I want along with more treatment but its "my choice which I choose."

i don;t want kids, and I am hoping that this works, but if it doesn't (with my long family history) am I crazy to want one so that I can get back my life?? I mean I will still have my ovaries so I won;t have menopause. I just want to me again.

Everyone told me when I got this that it was common and easy to beatbut every step just seems to make it worse. I just posted here bexause I didn;t know who else to talk to. Everyone I know who has it took a pill and got better.

Jesse
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 5th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Endo doesn't go away just because you have a hysterectomy. Please discuss what happens if the endo comes back and you have no uterus with your doctor.

And, no, if you make a well informed decision, you are not crazy for wanting a hysterectomy.

Good luck!
|

replied November 13th, 2006
to Ingi
ingi wrote:
endo doesn't go away just because you have a hysterectomy. Please discuss what happens if the endo comes back and you have no uterus with your doctor.

And, no, if you make a well informed decision, you are not crazy for wanting a hysterectomy.

Good luck!

hi i'm new here. But I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago and i'm only 26 now. I wish I wouldn't of had a hysterectomy. I had a full one also. I am going threw so much stuff. I just had another laproscopy. Plus I am having so much trouble sexually. I'm feel like half the time I am going crazy. Do you know of any med's to take. Hormones are going crazy? I feel really old. And that's not good I have a 4 and 7 year old at home and i'm am exhausted all of the time???
|

replied October 26th, 2007
27 Now And Had a Hysterectomy.. Getting Symptoms Back
this is to anyone who will talk about any of this with me... i had a hysterectomy 3 years ago wheni was 24.. and now i am regreting it. at the time it was a solution.. wow not to be able have a period... that's great but.. i want it back.. i don't miss the pain.. cause i am getting it back.. i have had another surgery last year.. and i am going back to the doctror on monday again.. don't know what they will have to say to me.. i am just really frustrtated.. and so is my husband..he is scared that if we have sex that it will hurt and actually it is..i just don't know what to do any more. i have had endometriosis for now 12 years it sucks.. well that is me for now please email me if you all want to..
|

replied September 29th, 2009
Hi, i'm 23, also considering a hysterectomy. I've had endo for 6 confirmed years (that was my laproscopic surgery) but was having symptoms for 2 yrs before, so technically 8 years total, just took them 2 to figure it out. I have a 17 month old son and want atleast one more child but the pain is unbearable, so from what i hear a hysterectomy is just a quick fix and it only works 40% of the time. to me thats not worth it, but the odds are better than just having surgery again. The pills and whatnot did not work for me either. I'm so tired and weak all the time. As well as having IBS for 6 years (well not IBS officially, but those symptoms are linked to endo). So i'm just not having a real life anymore. In fact, i guess i haven't ever since this all started at 15.support is much needed.
|

replied January 27th, 2010
hi girlies, i'm 23 and i have been going through this sice i was 12. I am dying to have a histerectomy but my doctor is scared because i'm so young. i haven't developed properly. i have one ovary, one tube and half a uterus so falling pregnant or holding a baby is going to be a nightmare so i just decided this is what i want. I have been bleeding non stop for the past 3 years and the pain is so bad i cant walk. i have lost jobs over this and like you all i want my life back!
|