Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Nausea After Orgasm

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
It used to happen only once in awhile, but it seems recently that everytime I achieve orgasm I feel nauseated. It doesn't matter if I orgasm because of sex or masturbation--still the same result. Also a new recent thing is after orgasming I instantly become really depressed and feel like i'm going to cry. Has anyone come across this problem or knows what it is?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ravi_ver83
|

replied February 4th, 2009
the same....
i have the same problem! well i am only 17. but every time that i hit orgasm, i feel sick to my stomach, i get lightheaded (and a couple times i have actually passed out), i get weak, i sometimes get depressed, but heres the really strange thing.... it takes almost 4 days for me to feel a little better! i dont know what the heck this is! i want to find out....

some people have told me that it could be my blood pressure, some told me that it is my adrenaline still racing.... i dont know! i just want to find an answer so my boyfriend and i can have some sence of relief if it isnt something that i was born with, etc..
|

replied April 7th, 2009
me too.
I've had the same thing for 3 years, ever since I had surgery for an ovarian cyst. I've been to so many doctors about this and no one will help. I feel very depressed. But here's what I found out works for me.

I take an advil an hour before sexual activity, then, right after having an orgasm, I take an antacid.

This leaves me with absolutely no pain or nausea. Unfortunately, if I forget, or take the pain reliever too soon before sex, or too early, I feel sick for the next few days.

Does anybody know what kind of a doctor could treat this? I'd rather not take painkillers for the rest of my life.
|

replied April 25th, 2009
Nervous system response
I think it is because your nervous system releases a surge of chemicals during orgasm. It is good that you may have found something that helps you by taking a pain reliever and an anti emetic. Unfortunately the pain relief is probably working because it may be numbing your system a little. If you are young, you may find that as you get older that this lessens in general.

Try to relax and not get worked up to much (I know that may not be possible Smile) But over simulation would probably increase the likelihood of having larger releases of hormones etc by the body during orgasm.
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
You may have the Post-orgasmic Illness syndrome (POIS)
|

replied October 9th, 2009
Re: Nausea After Orgasm
drainingraven wrote:
It used to happen only once in awhile, but it seems recently that everytime I achieve orgasm I feel nauseated. It doesn't matter if I orgasm because of sex or masturbation--still the same result. Also a new recent thing is after orgasming I instantly become really depressed and feel like i'm going to cry. Has anyone come across this problem or knows what it is?
|

replied June 6th, 2010
Episode after orgasm
I am 20 years old and I am able to acheive multiple orgasms... however 4 times, randomly at different times after a or many orgasms.. I feel nausious, dry heave and feel dizzy. I have to lay on the bathroom floor for up to 15 minutes untill i feel back to normal. This only has happened 4 times, and sometimes when i do orgasm multiple times i feel fine after. I dont understand what my body is telling me. Im do not have a history of health problems. I am 98lbs 5ft 2in. i exercise and work as a nurse assistant at a hospital. I am all around healthy except for the occassional what seem to be vagal episodes. This is NOT normal. I know what normal post orgasm symptoms are and I am working on a nursing degree, and not turning something small into something big. Has anyone ever had this?
|

replied October 25th, 2010
I'm 36 and have a very active sex live, but recently, sometimes after I orgasm, I begin to gag like I am going to throw up. Sometimes it happens after sex, and other times after masterbation. I use to do it periodically when I was in my late teens/early 20's. What's going on?
|

replied July 14th, 2011
Nausea after orgasm, both masturbation and sex
I get this and was coming here for an answer as well, I read on another website that it IS a rush of chemicals (ie. seratonin, endorphins, adrenaline) and it can cause nausea, lightheadedness, raise and then fast drop of blood pressure, and...don't forget, your heart is racing, so that increases the flow of these chemicals. Glad I found this out, hope it helps at least knowing what it is, I didn't think there was anything to do for it, but knowing is half the battle I say.
|

replied October 28th, 2012
I just recently started having this. Yesterday, after masturbation, I felt very light headed and spent the rest of the day feeling like I was going to throw up. I couldn't eat, drink, even take pain killers. Miserable. The rush of chemicals makes sense, I just wish there was some way to keep it from happening...
|

replied June 8th, 2013
hope this helps
Well some doc say its because when u have sex or an orgasim your body shoots out a blast of hormones! Which is why women feel all emotional and sick or even feel pregnant in some cases! And for men its testosterone! Which explains why some guys need space after sex!! Im not saying this is the problem all you ladies have . it could be several things maybe even endometriosis.
|
Quick Reply