Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Tingling Sensation In Genitals

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I'm a 27 year old male. Had protected sex with a girl a few months ago (no condom during oral sex though) and a day or two after began experiencing a tingling sensation in my genitals (shaft of penis and tip), as well as a general tightness in the pelvic region. No pain anywhere, just a discomfort really. No pain or burning while urinating either. Also, no sores.

These symptoms lasted for about a week or so, then reoccured about a month later. Stress seems to trigger them now.

Waiting for blood tests to come back. I'm concerned it may be herpes. Can a herpes outbreak be just tingling and tightness, no sores? And if it is an std, did I necessarily get it from this girl, or can the act of sex simply bring a dormant std "to the surface?"

if for some reason it's not an std, can simple anxiety trigger these kinds of symptoms?

Interested in any similar exerience or info. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2004
Experienced User
20 people read this and no replies???? I'd help you but dont know how to in this situation. Come on guys he's here for help. I'm sure someone on here no offense at all has herpes or something that may be able to give him some info. ~ erica.
|

replied February 3rd, 2004
Thanks, Erica
Thanks, erica. You rock. Hopefully tests will come back soon and i'll go from there. Thanks again.
|

replied February 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
Yeah keep me posted. I am pregnant and had all my tests done and they all came back neg. But my doc said I had to wait for the herpes test because they take so long. Scary!!!!!!!!!! I'm just a paranoid person and I always think I have something even if I get the sniffles I think i'm gonna die lol. Good luck. Sorry noone posted to help you. Just wait for your results. I wanna know. Along time ago I got a wierd tingling feeling too and I freaked out but never had any other symptoms so who knows that is why I am so scared. ~ erica.
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
I don't think sex would trigger a dormant std. But stress could. I have never heard of anyone having herpes w/out sores and all/or some of the major symptoms and your's really arn't any of them. I have never experienced anything like that so I am sorry I can't be more of a help. I am a medical student, but I study blood and such. Sorry.

~sara~
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile