Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Do You Think 9 Days Past Ovulation Is Too Early to Test? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
So I am completely antsy!! My story goes as follows: my ovulation date was oct 22. I started having some crazy symptoms that I never get during the time between ovulation and my period, such as cramping, gassiness, swollen breasts, hip pain. These symptoms started about 4 days after ovulation. On oct 29, 7 days after ovulation, I had a small amount of brown spotting...Maybe 4 or 5 drops (this never has happened to me before ... Implantation maybe?). Today is 8 days past ovulation and I really want to test tomorrow morning. I have no self control. Has anyone out there had a positive result at 9 days past ovulation?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper babymumof1
|

replied October 30th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I know how anxious you are but I honestly wouldnt test this early. But if you just have to Smile lol get .Frist .Response or .Clearblue .Digital.. They test up to 4 days before your missed period. (or 5 cant remember). But you still may get a false negative. Keep us updated!!
|

I have a three pack of first response sitting in my bathroom calling to me!! How do normally rational women turn into basket cases when they are waiting to test? He he
|

jersey2006 wrote:
i have a three pack of first response sitting in my bathroom calling to me!! How do normally rational women turn into basket cases when they are waiting to test? He he

hello, i'm new here and I too am ancy to find out if im prego..

Today is the 7th day after ovulation and hoping to be pregnant.

I lost all my patience today and tested it was negative, but I know its too soon.. Not much symptoms sore nipples following 2 days after ovulation.. Bloated and swollen tummy. Ah and for the past two days ive been really enjoying oranges more than usual.. Could this be a sign? I have regular 30 day periods always on time. Had sex consistantly from oct 18 to oct 24.. At time si get burst of excitment that I am and other times I feel down and pessimistic. Do you guys think im prego? Oh I also have been experiencing an excess amout of plem and sinusus and just 2 days ago I got a scab like cold sore right on my nose( not pleasant I must say). I also get very mild cramps my expected period is nov 6/06.. And im always regular and on time.

Confused
|

replied August 16th, 2012
cold sore conundrum
Hi there, I too am blessed with cold sores not! Anyway my homepathic doctor told me to take lysine L after ovulation until I get my period and it has helped a ton not to get cold sores while my body's immunity is down from getting my period. I hope this helps you I usually take two a day from ovulation through my period.
|

replied October 31st, 2006
I went ahead and tested today...I know it is too early, but I could not help myself. Of course negative, but at least I can stop wondering for a couple more days. Still have the same symptoms...Cramping, swollen/sore breasts, gassy and just feeling strange overall. I also noticed more pronouced blue veins on my breasts this morning. I just keep telling myself that I am not pregnant so that I am not disappointed if my monthly friends comes for a visit. However, the brown spotting at 7 dpo seems all too real...We will see. I am going to try and wait until friday, which will be 12 dpo. Keep your fingers crossed!
|

replied November 1st, 2006
I am in the same situation you are. I ovulated oct 19th-20th, maybe 21st and keep taking tests with mixed results. This waiting thing is horrible. I wish the best for you!!
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Anxious Little Mommy-wanna-be
I also get my periods 30 days apart, and always on time (the 17th of every month). Me and my hubby tried to have a baby and ttc on the 2nd and 3rd of october (which is when I would definitely be ovulating and be fertile). I was so anxious to find out if I am or not, that I took one test on the 5th of oct and another on the 11th. Both were negative of course, but then I took one on the 16th of october right before I went to bed, and it was negative again. I broke down into tears and then the next morning I got my period that lasted heavy 2-3 days and then it was light/spotting for the next 3 days. I didn't know what was going on, maybe a miscarriage or something, so I went to my obgyn and asked her if I could get a blood test done, just to be sure. But she refused, because I already had my period this month. I was a little dissapointed, because things weren't going the way I wanted them to. I wanted her to take the test and then call me the next day saying that I am pregnant. But, she just told me to "get it on" with my hubby that night and today and then every other day after that... And if I don't get my period by thanksgiving, then to come see her to take the blood test.

So wish me luck guys! I need all the baby dust I can get!

:d
|

replied February 1st, 2014
baby dust to you. I know we will have it soon.. all in God's plan. don't lose hope. smile SmileSmileSmile
|

replied November 2nd, 2006
I test this morning...Bfn, but thought I saw a faint line or it was just my mind playing tricks on me. Still not due for af until saturday, so I am not giving up hope.
|

replied November 2nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
jersey2006 wrote:
i test this morning...Bfn, but thought I saw a faint line or it was just my mind playing tricks on me. Still not due for af until saturday, so I am not giving up hope.

hope you get your bfp!! As soon as you test again, let us know something lol!!
|

replied November 3rd, 2006
No need to test again...My af came today. Probably the most painful af I have ever had...Might be early miscarriage. It is very clotty. I am calling my gyno to see if there is anything I need to do. Oh well, first month trying so I can't get too discouraged. Best of luck to all of you.
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2009
Maybe?
I am not TTC, but my husband and I miscounted last month and a few days later realised we had been 'getting it on' unprotected during my fertile window. So now I'm going crazy with worrying. He's excited and hoping for a baby and so am I really, I'm just fretting because I don't have maternity leave at my job. Anyway, I'm 9 days past ovulation, I have had to come home from work today because I'm so nauseous, since yesterday. I'm horribly emotional (I sobbed all the way through Wall-E last night), my breasts are sore, I'm very tired but having trouble sleeping, and I am cramping whereas I usually don't cramp at all. My AF is due in 5 days and I know it's too early to take a test but I'm just getting so stressed Sad What do you guys think?
|

replied March 21st, 2010
I'm 8dpo I want to know so bad if my child was concieved. I couldn't help myself I took a test this morning and of course it came out (-).. My AF isn't due until Friday do it probably best for me to wait til then.. I'm pray I'm pregnant, if not I'll just try again Sad
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2010
Possible false negative?
I have 25 day cycles. My hubby and I "tried" a few times during my fertile window and now I am waiting. It is so hard to be patient. Last night I took a First Response Gold test and it was neg. It was at 10 days DPO and 4 days before AF is due. I am not sure if it could be a false negative or not. The only symptoms I have are really tired, more than I have ever been, but have trouble sleeping at night, sore bbs, elevated temp, gassy, and bloated. I had heartburn a few days ago, but that went away. Any ideas? Am I crazy for hoping the test last night was a false negative?

After I posted this, I was so tired at work I took a small nap, then after lunch I vomited, had temp and had to go home. Also, under my eyes is burning like with fever. Maybe I am just getting sick...

What do you all think?
|

replied April 6th, 2010
the waiting game
i am very anxious too. I really want to know if i am pregnant it has been 9 days past ovulation and i tested this morning and of course tested negative. I don''t know if i have symptoms or if my mind is playing tricks on me i feel a litlle nausea in the morning and at night but they are not so bad.
i don''t know pls. tell me what to do
|

replied April 30th, 2010
Ok, I love that all of you women are as anxious and baby-crazy as I am. My husband I have been off bc for 10 months, and have really started taking temperatures, ovulation test etc for the last three - really seriously trying. Now I''m 9 dpo, and was experiencing some wierd symptoms which might all be in my head. Sore bb''s, temp stayed up after ov (which usually goes down within a few days post ov), slight low cramps or "pulling" for 5-7 dpo, but now... NOTHING. just sore bbs, no spotting though, and still 4 days away from af. I am thinking I got all excited for nothing!
|

replied May 17th, 2010
9 days post ovulation
Hi I am 9 days post ovulation and really praying that I am pg. Have been feeling really bloated and heavy with cramps in my lower belly, absolutely exhausted, weeing all the time, very thirsty constantly, flem in my chest and blocked nose but certain smells are making me gag I don't have sore bb's but never experienced sore bb's with my second child 3 years ago only with my first child. Wake up at about 4am to pee and can't sleep again, have bad back ache and sore legs at night....what do you think am I imagining it because I want it so badly?
|

replied July 19th, 2010
my story
Hey ladies,
Im 8 dpo and yesterday started to gag and was nausious like no one elses business! and today started cramping and have lower backaches...

I'm scheduled for Progesteron test and U/S today but im not sure if that could give me some relief!!
I cant test as i had an HCG trigger 9 days ago only and that'd give me a false positive result!

Wish me luck..
|

replied July 19th, 2010
Hiya Ladies, according to my calculation i am 9dpo. i did 4 tests yesterday and they were all very very weak positive, today i did a test and it came out positive, still weak but not as weak as the others yesterday so i guess i am pregnant yay!! Still not completely convinced as i am having period cramps although i was due my period 3 days ago, The tests i did were the extra sensitive 10miu ones hope this helps you all x
|

replied August 4th, 2010
3 days late with negative test
Hi everyone,
I am approx 12dpo and having alot of symptons very thirsty,peeing alot,cramps,veins appearing on bbs. 4dpo i had brown scanty blood for half a day and then again 10dpo. I am now 3 days late for my monthly friend and have taken 2 tests both negative. Could i still be preggas? as my partner and i have been active all through ovulation and before. What should i do?
|

replied August 4th, 2010
I've heard of quite a few women testing 9DPO (Days past ovulation) and have recieved a faint positive I did with my first pregnancy and had a faint line appear I was just like you I had no self control and wanted to find out as soon as possible!!! Good Luck and keep us posted Smile
|

hi

it was last year july when i tested 8-9 days after ovulation an it was negative and tried again the following week with clearblue then it was positive and also went to confirm with my gyny but i miscarried in August so it can be a false negative.GOOD LUCK GUYS.
|

can i test 9 days past ovulation
hi

it was last year july when i tested 8-9 days after ovulation an it was negative and tried again the following week with clearblue then it was positive and also went to confirm with my gyny but i miscarried in August so it can be a false negative in 9 days past ovulation.GOOD LUCK GUYS.i'm trying again this year and today i'm 9 days past ovulation,but i think i will still wait till my next my period, before i test *crossing fingers*
|
12 >>