Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Just Got Released

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi everyone--
i just became a member of this site. Funny thing is I was reading your posts for a wk. Then I had one of my "spells" and ended up in the er for hurting myself and ended up with 12 stitches...Anyways...They petitioned me to the local mental health hospital where I stayed for 3 nights. I must say it was an interesting experience. I was on a unit intended for people suffering from ed (eating disorders) and sirs (self injury recovery services). It was almost like being back in elementary school..Elementary school for crazies. I felt like I was in a crazy house, I guess essentially I was. However, it must have been the most calming, therepeutic three days of my life. I since then decided to join. I feel that these forums are the closest thing to the comfort I felt there. They are the only place where I feel I am not alone with my disorders. I am 23 and part of my release required that I set up an appt with both a phsychiatrist and therapist which I have done. I would love to hear from some of the regulars on this site as I will be posting often and hope to get to know some of you. I am always open to suggestions for coping and will be happy to share my experiences as well as suggestions and new information I gain through my therapy...Oh yeah...Currently I take 30 mg of prozac a day to treat my depression.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 31st, 2006
Well you make the whole thing seem less scary lol. I mean the place that yu stayed cos that is were I would end up if my found out about the cuts and scars that I have lol.
Im emma and im a self harmer if you want to chat im here xxxx
|

Extremely eHealthy
|

allie_18 wrote:
was it like on that movie girl interrupted? Lol I love that movie its funny!

never saw it, but it was like all movies except that my unit was filled with nice girls all going through the same thing...It was very supportive
|

Extremely eHealthy
|

Sounds like something I would like I may even consider buying the book...I like reading. Thanks
|

replied November 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
|

replied November 8th, 2006
Experienced User
allie_18 wrote:
was it like on that movie girl interrupted? Lol I love that movie its funny!

omg girl I love that movie! Me n my friend .Anita are always laughing and making fun of that part where that crazy girl w/the eating disorder was like "aw lordy, pick a bail of cotton...Aw lordy, pick a bail of hay!" lmao! Its one of our favorites I can't believe someone else likes it!
|