Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Is It Possible...

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
I've been taking loestrin fe 24, which is a birth control that has 4 iron placebo pills, instead of the usual 7, for a lighter and shorter period. I took the 2nd of out 4 placebo pills today, and I still haven't gotten my period. I was wondering, is it possible to miss a period if you became pregnant 2 days earlier?

That was the last time I had sex, it was without a condom, but i've taken the pill everyday on time for the past four weeks.

Also, this is my first month of birth control if that matters.

I've heard of people missing their period the 1st month due to the pills, so is this also a possibility?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Pregnancy takes longer than two days!! First you need to ovulate, then you have to have fertilization, then implantation takes at least 7 days...

On that type of pill with few placebos, many women do not have much of a period at all.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Something that would have been outlined in the leaflet in the box the pills came in.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Very true, but many women do not read these leaflets.

Many women also believe that pregnancy is instant, so I try and educated women that it takes time.
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Trust me I know I have been doing this for some time.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Even though I know a lot of things about medicine, I seriously read my leaflets from top to bottom.

I have athsma, and they switched me to a new inhaled med/steroid. I read everything, just so I would be informed.

I read things on cough syrup :p
|

User Profile
carifairy wrote:
pregnancy takes longer than two days!! First you need to ovulate, then you have to have fertilization, then implantation takes at least 7 days...

On that type of pill with few placebos, many women do not have much of a period at all.

please informed that there are multiple reasons that a period doesn't take place. Excercising often or a strenuous work out, stressing, also pregnancy... But like stated above, it does take timing inorder for a pregnancy to occur. Also as you have stated, "it is my first month on birth control," it does take a while for the body to adjust to the hormonal changes that the body receives from the medication... Also do read the papers that you get when you receive any medication. Many answers come from that.
|