Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

AdderalXR Overdose and Detox

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
User Profile
I recently took almost 200 mg of adderalxr in one day. I have done this now several weekends in a row. This week I took 100 mg at night My symptons are drainage, arms legs and head tingling and chest heavy lips tingling. If I stop right now will i not suffer any long term damage?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2006
Addiction, Recovery Answer A1738
AdderalXR is an amphetamine used for treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and excessive daytime sleepiness. It can be used only under a doctor’s prescription. According to your symptoms, I don’t see a reason why you should be taking AdderalXR! Taking AdderalXR without a prescription may indication drug addiction. At any rate, it seems that you are experimenting with the effects of the drug. Prolonged, irregular usage of amphetamines can cause dependency. Overdosing and immediate reduction in doses from amphetamines can be equally dangerous. You must consult a mental health doctor for your condition who can help recommend detoxification strategies and possible treatment for chemical addiction.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.