Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Vitamins For Treating Acne?!?!

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hi everyone, just got a quick question. Does anyone know any information on which vitamins or supplements are best for treating/preventing acne?

I've heard that vitamin a might help and also zinc gluconate??

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before already but can someone please help me out as I badly need the help. Please.

Thank you very much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 25th, 2006
You Can Use Vitamin to Treat Acne Problem
There a few causes of acne problems. One of them is due to your internal health. That means your body can't effectively get rid of the waste through liver.

Supplementing your diet using vitamin supplements may help. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Vitamin a or beta corotene. Vital for healthy skin and boost immune system

2. Vitamin b complex. Reduce inflamation and balance your hormones

3. Vitamin e. Help skin healing and reduce scar formation

4. Zinc. Reduce inflamation and detoxify. If you already take a multivitamin, check the zinc content before your supplement zinc. Too much is no good.

5. Omega 6 oils. Evening primrose oil(epo) reduce skin inflamation and balance your hormones.

6. To strengthen your liver function - try milk thistle.

If you are treated by doctor wit antibiotic - you need to supplement acidophilus to restore the good bacteria in your intestine.

Other than vitamin supplements, try changing your diet to more fresh fruit and vegetables.

Hope it is helpful to you.

|
Did you find this post helpful?