Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Left Chest Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
The last few days ive been experiencing slight pain in the left hand side of my chest, more towards the underam and runs down to the bottom of my ribs, ive never had this before, and it doesnt seem to last to long when its there. It started off feeling a bit weird in the area a few days ago then it lead to a more constat pain feeling, but it seems to be getting better with each day. Usually early in the morning is the time I get it now, then during the day I hardly ever notice it. Last night I had some palpitations as well, I havnt had them for a few months. Do u think this is all related to my hypo, everything else that goes wrong me with seems to be. It doesnt really seem like heart pain as it is too far to the left, and im only 23 and the natropath said my heart was pretty good when I saw him last.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Likely a muscle problem, I had a new one crop up not too long ago where the left side of my jaw would get painful when I chew because of the sugar. Remember, don't worry about anything unless it lasts consistently for at least two weeks, and even then only if it seems to have gotten worse or is pretty bad to begin with. Probably just a muscle issue.
|

replied October 18th, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah thanks stan, I have been doing alot of gym and weight work lately so it probaly is from that. I remeber at the start of the year I had a huge pain in my right chest for about a week, I think that was just muscle strain too.
I always get worried though when theres pain around the heart area. I just get paranoid, damn hypo
|

replied October 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey stumars ive had that problem before. When you said under the armpit down the ribs it made me remember. I workout alot to so it could have been from that. I used to get that awhile ago and made me think of heart problems but mine is fine, im 24 right now. Ive had an ekg a while ago cause they were doing test on me to see what was wrong. It was hypo symtpoms the whole time I believe. I also would think it was just anxiety cause the aches. I wouldnt sweat it tho, ive had it before. I think I remember it hurting when I take deep breaths in. Maybe from the muscles and ribs contracting? I dont know. Anyways just wanted to let you know ive had it before. Last maybe a day or two.
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2006
Community Volunteer
You may just be doing something incorrectly when you work out. What are you doing or after doing what did you notice this?
|

replied October 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks wdiguy, yeah the pain has pretty gone now, so its a relief.

Stan, I only noticed this on monday, I hadnt been to the gym the previous week though due to been real busy with university. Makes me think it was realted to hypo, more the hurting it from the gym.
|