Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Infectious Diseases Forum

Anyone Have An Hpv Siuation?

Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
I found out I had the cancer causing hpv a month afteri started having sex with my current boyfriend. Six months later, I found a wart on my vulva. My Dr. Told me that my bf had already been exposed and that if I didn't want to tell him I didn't have to because he had already been exposed and would have already gotten it. I treated the wart with condolox about a month ago. He was out of town and it only took about 6 days for the entire thing to be completly gone & healed.

I was sexually active with a few people before him, but I went for about 3 years without having sex with anyone. Then I started having sex with him and it showed up. I had a pap & sti test ( before sex with him)& nothing showed up at all until now. I know that hpv can lie dormat in your body for quite sometime, but it seems like the wart causing kind would come up (from what i've read) within 6 months (which is how long we had been having sex before it showed up).

I wonder if I got it from him or from a previous partner and I wonder if it will come back. If so can I treat it with the condolox again?

Do I have to eventually tell him? We are very close & he was my high school sweetheart and we got back together about 9 years later. We have been together for about 9 months now and I feel so lonely not letting him in on it but at the same time I know he loves me so much and would probably understand, but our sex life is wonderful and I don't want him to feel weird or turned off.
Did you find this post helpful?
|