Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

White Nipple Bumps (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have had these white bumps on my nipples they arent really big but if I squeeze them white pus will come out what are they?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper RxGaia
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2006
Supporter
I have this. I have always had this. I think it's blocked hair follicles, but I have no idea why it gets like that or how to prevent it, or even if it's considered to be a problem. Hopefully someone else can shed light on it!
|

replied October 18th, 2006
Fiona is right, it has to do with hair follicles. I don't know for sure, but I am confident that this is totally normal. I'm a guy, and I have the same thing. So does my girlfriend.
|

replied October 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Bumps
They're called montgomery tubicals and it's where some capilairies come to an end. I beleive they're covered by a subeasious (sp) gland and that is where white fluid comes from. I think everyone has them. If you pop them, be careful not to get dirt or whatever on them as it can get infected just like acne can.
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2006
Supporter
Re: Bumps
dane211 wrote:
they're called montgomery tubicals and it's where some capilairies come to an end. I beleive they're covered by a subeasious (sp) gland and that is where white fluid comes from. I think everyone has them. If you pop them, be careful not to get dirt or whatever on them as it can get infected just like acne can.

you think it's bad to pop them? When I do it, I do it in the shower so it's clean, but is popping them (as with squeezing blackheads) likely to make the pores wider and make it worse longterm?
|

replied April 11th, 2012
bumps on nipples
There is no reason you should pop the little bumps in your areola; Montgomery tubivals are there for the purpose of lubricating and disinfecting your nipple. Both men and women have them and they become more pronounced with hormone fluctuation, which is why women may notice them more. They naturally produce a little oil and antibacterial fluid (cool actually) which is an aid for breast feeding. You should wash them and leave them alone!! Popping them may cause infection and they are actually supposed to be there. Pass this along, almost nobody I have talked to knows this information and I'm sure everyone wonders!!
|

replied July 9th, 2012
Could it possibly be an early sign of pregnancy?
|

replied March 31st, 2011
Question Please!
I have a whiteish colored bump on my right nipple! Literally right on the nipple! Sorry if this is too graphic, buts it the truth. I didnt notice this til i was 20yrs old and i had my 2nd child. I did breastfeed and i didnt notice it til after i stopped breastfeeding. I can squeeze it and when i do it looks like a white milky fluid coming from it. No odor or anything but it is thick. I have been assuming it was milk. The only problem is my son is now 7yrs old and i dont understand why im still producing milk! If thats what it is, but thats what it reminds me of. Once i pop it and get the bump to shrink within a week or two it comes right back and its either the same size as before or a little bit bigger. Not by much though. I just want another opinion on what this could be? Should i see my doctor about this or is there something i can do myself? Thank you and i hope to hear from someone soon!ri
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi LeslieWright and welcome to ehealth: If you are talking about something the size of a large pore then I know what you mean...It is on the nipple itself..Every once in a while I will still get them and they act exactly like yours do...At first I wondered if they were pus, but like you stated they are just thick and when you put pressure on it from both sides it expels...Funny thing about this is that I didn't breast feed any of my children...

I really wouldn't worry...However, the next time you go to the doctor ask him/her what causes this...If I think of it I will also ask mine who I will be seeing next month...Take care...

Caroline

****Added....I just read the two previous posts above yours and they explain what they are...Now, we both know....
|

replied July 17th, 2011
Help
Hi today I noticed a bump with a black hair coming out on the outside of my nipple, I squeezed it and a white puss came out with a few hairs. It also had a very strong smell almost like Body odor and it was very strong! Is this normal?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi 2689 and welcome to ehealth: Some people have larger pores than others...This could cause a possible body oil to gather in this area..This is why you find some blackhead type areas around your breasts...As for the black hair, it is probably just a stray hair...However, if this area gets more on the red side or shows signs of infection than have it checked out...Usually, just bathing it with warm water will draw the infected area out...Hope this helps...Take care..

Caroline
|

replied September 24th, 2011
nipple problem
I am having a bump with peep on my nipple please tell me wots the cause and how can i remove it.its also painful.
waiting for reply

regards
Sukriti
|

replied January 30th, 2012
i had a little tiny bump on my areola and I popped it and a little white pus came out. I didnt think anything of it after. It just randomly grew there so i popped it to get it out the way. A couple of days later, (at the same spot) the popped bump got swollen (and i think infected) it got swollen and created a larger bump. it is really sensitive when i touch it. under it, it is all pink. so..the swollen bump got bigger then one day i decided to touch it and take a look at it. Blood started to drip out of the bump and then alot of white pus began to leave the bump. I squeezed the bump lightly and more and more (spilled) out. the swolleness went down a little bit, but it is still swollen and i guess lumpy. I know for a fact this came from when i popped that small little bump at the beginning or else not of this would have happened to me. However, i am still wondering if this may possibly be cancerous. or was it an ingrown hair or what? any one else experience this or somewhat something like this pls let me know! i gave a lot of info and detail so anything that sounds fimilar with your experience with cancer or an ingrown hair this will be a great help. I am going to see a doctor. I just wanted to use all the resources I could Smile thanks for the internet and social media! THANKS FROM: SECONDOPINIONGIRL
|

replied April 21st, 2012
thats what is happening to me and i dont know why and its scaring me x.x
|

replied April 21st, 2012
thats what is happening to me and i dont know why and its scaring me x.x
|

replied October 22nd, 2012
It's infected
|

replied October 22nd, 2012
It's infected
|

replied June 29th, 2012
im a 17 year old female and i was changing the other day and i found a white bump right on my nipple ( sorry if im a little graphic) should i be worried im not pregnate nor have i ever been? im freaking outttt
|

replied June 29th, 2012
help!
im a 17 year old female and i was changing the other day and i found a white bump right on my nipple ( sorry if im a little graphic) should i be worried im not pregnate nor have i ever been? im freaking outttt
|

replied November 26th, 2012
I am also 17 and just found the same thing and I'm a virgin so I don't think you're pregnant. But I as well would like to know what's up.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2013
Im 15 and found a white/cream spot on my left areola. I popped it and white stuff came out. I'm now left with a little bit of a lump. It's quite sore too. Should I be worried?
|

replied July 9th, 2013
Question please help
To night as me an my husband were laying in bed we discovered my nipples were leaking a clear white liquid an I have white bumps we have been trying for a baby is that any sign of pregnancy ?
|

replied July 23rd, 2013
Yes that can be a sign of pregnancy.
|

replied January 22nd, 2014
black heads on my nipple with pus
hi guys,

i have just look like a black heads on my areola under my nipple but very very close to it. i full it out whit and squished then the black came out and i found out after pressing it is a pus milky thing inside, i am really afraid about it, can guys let me know what is going on? thank you
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2014
Community Volunteer
Hi sieanna: These are usually caused by too large of pores...Try washing your breasts well and see if this helps...Otherwise I think they are OK...If you do get concerned with a redness around them, then see your doctor...Take care...

Caroline....
|
12 >>
Quick Reply