Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Navy Blue Vaginal Discharge????? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Sounds crazy? I have been to 5 gynecologists, a gastroentologist and and herbalist. No one can figure out why I have a navy blue discharge. It does not show up on tissue or on my hand, but must of my underwear have navy blue stains that won't wash out.

I have been tested for all venereal diseases, vaginal cancers, and just recently had a ct scan of my pelvis which showed nothing. They thought I might have some type of fistula. The herbalist, said they thought I could have some type of bacteria or yeast infection, gone awry. Something like blue cheese, when it begins to ferment it turns navy blue.

The medical doctors have not been able to come up with anything. They did say that I have something like a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis, but I did not get the prescription filled, because I was told that if I continue to use antibiotics and have a yeast problem it will only aggrivate the issue. So, I have been doing some natural cleansing. My mother has had fungal and yeast problems most of her life and I am wondering if this is some how related? I feel good, but this discharge persists. Has anyone heard of this or possibly have any suggestions? Please help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 1980lady
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2006
Community Volunteer
This might sound odd but bear with me.
Ok this "blue" discharge doesn't show up on toilet paper when you wipe or anything you said right....

I'm am going to bet that it is a reaction with your natural fluids on your underwear/panties with your trousers/pants.
I say this because I sat here smiling because i've had exactly the same thing happen - panties appear to have a "blue stain".

Try wearing plain white cotton panties and avoiding any dark coloured outerwear and also avoid even light/pale blues, greens, greys.

I'll be suprised if the blue colour still appears.

If I wear white/pale panties and wear jeans (any colour) or dark trousers and have some moisture/discharge then the panties appear bluish at the end of the day, but not all over - like not on the butt or anything - just in the crotch.
|

replied January 23rd, 2014
No,it does show up on the toilet paper....
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Wow,thats crazy! I saw this post earlier and didn't know what to say about it.I've never heard of it.All I could tink of is she was wearing dark undies or something,lol
|

Experienced User
Blue
I had blue discharge one time it was cause my panties were blue and it took forever to go back to normal, but if its a certain kind of panties and your vagina like rubs all agaisnt the blue and yeah it'll do that....
|

kia_breizzze wrote:

"i'm am going to bet that it is a reaction with your natural fluids on your underwear/panties with your trousers/pants.
I say this because I sat here smiling because i've had exactly the same thing happen - panties appear to have a "blue stain".

kia, I think you maybe onto something with the reaction of my natural fluids to my underwear. I am going to buy me some new panties and change laundry detergents. I just got a call from my gastroentologist and the ct scan came up fine. They basically told me to go back to my gynecologist. It is really frustrating when the doctor's basically shuffle you around because they are not for sure what to do.

I used to think it was because I wore blue jeans with white panties sometimes, until I noticed that it didnt make a difference what type of panties I wear.
|

Especially eHealthy
kia_breizzze wrote:
this might sound odd but bear with me.

Ok this "blue" discharge doesn't show up on toilet paper when you wipe or anything you said right....

I'm am going to bet that it is a reaction with your natural fluids on your underwear/panties with your trousers/pants.

Try wearing plain white cotton panties and avoiding any dark coloured outerwear and also avoid even light/pale blues, greens, greys.

I'll be suprised if the blue colour still appears.

If I wear white/pale panties and wear jeans (any colour) or dark trousers and have some moisture/discharge then the panties appear bluish at the end of the day, but not all over - like not on the butt or anything - just in the crotch.

same here, it must be a reaction with the dyes used in underwear. It never happens with my white underwear, or the dark underwear that is lined with white.
|

replied February 27th, 2009
blue viginal discharge but only when sleeping
This is more weird, coz, i only got those discharge during sleeping at night, whne i worke up it's on my panty.

It doesn't appear on my daily life when i am not sleeping like doing house work , surf the net and etc.

Before i sleep, its not there, when i woke up, the blue discharge is there..., my panties is plain white, yellow, an dpink in colour btw and i am so worry.. =/
|

replied March 18th, 2009
navy blue vaginal discharge
I found this post because I have just had this the last two days. I started freaking out and looking for causes. Mine are in panties that are NOT new, I've worn them before. I have not changed laundry detergent, soap, lotion, etc. I did not have jeans or dark colored pants on. Mine appears spotted, and not dispersed or covering a large area. It looks like someone "dotted" the area with a blue pen or marker. Weird. Not on toilet paper either, nor in my urine in the stool. Glad to know I'm not the only one, but would still like an answer as to the cause.

OP, did yours appear spotted or over a large area???
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2009
dark blue stained crotch of panties
OMG, the same thing just happened to me. Panties looked normal when I put them in the wash, and came out of the dryer with dark blue spotty stains all over the crotch.

Luckily, you can't see the stains when I wear them, so they're not totally ruined. (They're my FAVORITE panties, too, of course...3 pairs) I noticed that the stains ONLY showed up in panties I'd worn MANY times. There were 2 pairs of panties in the wash that are new and had only been worn once. Could that be a clue?

I've been having lots of stomach problems for the last 3 weeks and I've lost 20 pounds because I'm not eating. Could *that be a clue?

HELP!
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2009
samething but it's okay..
i also have the samething with you guys. navy blue ink pen like discharge... but i dont worry much of this..because it doesnt SMELL bad...so i dont worry much......
|

replied April 13th, 2009
from blue jeans
i get this if i wear really dark blue jeans its weird but yes its from ur jeans and the moisture lol
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
BLUE STAIN
Hie there i think i relate to all the women who say about the blue stain .. and its not like i wear blue pants at work .. i wear blavk all the time and to make it worse i wear a pantie liner with with my panties.. so i cant understand why i have blue stains .. its just not feasible .. i dont understand it ..if any one has a solution please post it .. im so worried ..
violet
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
ugh
I hate it when my nice black panties get washed and bleach gets on the crotch & ruins the underwear. I think someones going around bleaching my underwear.
|

replied October 15th, 2009
Same here! It's either black or really dark blue and it's streaked in the crotch area. I've gone years w/o this and all of the sudden it's happening. I haven't changed detergents and they are not new panties. It doesn't matter if I'm wearing shorts, beige capris or jeans. There is nothing when I wipe or feel - no odor or discoloration in the urin. Also, if I wear black panties I've just recently began to bleach the crotch out of those! Geez, I'm either bleaching the black out or putting black on the white undies. So gross and embarrassing! I thought it could be my age? I just turned 37.
|

replied November 19th, 2009
bleached crothc area
that sounds a bit more mental than my issue, but perhaps someone can help...
why are all my dark coloured nickers bleached in the croth area? (only after they've been washed!) i don't understand. no one i know seems to get it either....
|

replied November 29th, 2009
Umm, My situations a bit different, maybe someone could help me with my situation as well? My blue discharge isn't showing up on my underwear, I use panty liners, I was wondering if the same thing applied to that? Could it still be pants and type of underwear? because also with me it does not come out on tissue, and It's really making me nervous.
Thanks in advanced, This thread is making me feel a bit better.
|

replied January 3rd, 2010
Probably a reaction with sweat
I get the blue stains in both the armpits of my shirts and in my undies from time to time, so I assume it's a chemical reaction with sweat, not something uniquely vaginal. It seems to happen when I leave my laundry in the hamper for a long time before washing it. I wouldn't worry - though I do wish someone had a scientific explanation.
|

replied January 6th, 2010
light blue discharge
Omg I'm really nervous I have recently noticed a light blue discharge on my panty liners and I have no idea why. I can't imagine its a dye thing cause I had black or white underwear and a panty liner on. I read on the internet blue discharge could be a sign of HPV does anyone know anymore about this?
|

replied May 20th, 2011
Did you ever find out what was causing the light blue discharge? I have had it on my panty liners for the past 3 days and I've been freaking out a little....
|

replied January 17th, 2010
Blue discharge
Wow. Ok, there is a god afterall.

I am about to get blood and urine work done this week because of this EXACT same issue.

Did the original poster ever figure this out?

Things I've noticed about the "discharge" is that its not there everyday, sometimes its so dark blue that its black, and it appears to have no relationship to the color of clothing I'm wearing.

What on earth is this? I am speculating that it is a reaction between something I'm eating, my urine, and my vaginal discharge.

I've looked up "black urine", and both the medical phenomena associated with this describe that the urine turns black (like I said, its so dark navy sometimes that it's black, but I've seen the blue, too) upon standing, i.e. when its out of the body and sitting (in a toilet or otherwise.)

Good god. What is happening to us? It seems benign, but I'm also concerned that its some freakish sign of something worse. My doctor is stumped. I'm going to send her the link to this page, because I'm so excited that I'm not alone.

-Take care everyone. If anyone figures this out, please please please post.
|

replied April 25th, 2010
OK, this is all too weird, people.
Not to freak anyone out, but I found this page because I was doing research for a science fiction story, and I had been reading about ufo "abductees" having a blue gel used in their vaginas that seems to clear up vaginal infections they had, like some sort of antimicrobial gel. This blue gel has been found on the vagina of a "cattle mutilation" some years ago as well. So I just looked up "blue vaginal gel" out of curiosity and found this page. I also found 1 link that said blue vaginal discharge could be a sign of hpv. Did your doctors even mention that possibility to all of you, though? Have you been tested for that? And this is a weird question, I know, but have any of you had really odd dreams at the time that this was going on? I''m interested to find out what your doctors say - it does seem really peculiar - I mean, BLUE??
|