Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

What Do Contractions Feel Like?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I was just wondering what contractions feel like and what is the difference bettween braxton hicks contractions and just normal contractions? If there even is a difference Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Anyone?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Sorry I did read your post but I couldnt answer you considering that i've never had real contractions yet!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I've never felt braxton hicks, but I can tell you what real labor pains feel like.

They start off feeling like gas pains, then go on to feel like period cramps. They get more intense as labor goes on, but by then you'll probably know you're in labor.
|