Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

When Did I Conceive?? I Am So Confused!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi all!

My name is michelle and I just found out I am pregnant. My first day of my lmp was I believe on the 27th or 28th of august. My dr said that I am 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant. How can that be?? That would mean I got pregnant during my period? He first told me that I was due on june 2nd 2007 and now june 6th 2007. Can someone help me?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Your 2 weeks pregnant before you actually have the chance to conceive. Meaning you count from the first day of your last period. If your cycle is 28 days long, then you would ovulate around day 14 of your cycle. I dont know if im explaining this where you will understand but maybe someone else can. I tried my best. Hope it helped
|

replied October 16th, 2006
Thanks!
Thank you for helping... So when do you think I conceived?
|

replied October 17th, 2006
I have been having the same problems,, with finding out when I conceived. My periods have always been irregular, so it even makes it harder. You are actually 2 weeks pregnant before you become pregnant. Kinda wild huh and freaky if you think about it. Lets say that you are 6 weeks pregnant, well really your baby is only 4 weeks old. Hope I have helped.
|

replied May 14th, 2009
help me
i am due on 1 june 2009 and my last day of period was 18 aug 2009 does it mean i got preg way before sept 1st 2008 i am 37 weeks now and some days. help me
|

replied January 10th, 2010
i have just found out im pregnant and i did a conception calculator my first day of my last period was the 8th of dec and it told me i got preg before that?????? i really dont get it!
|

replied January 10th, 2010
confuzzled !!!
i have just found out im pregnant and i did a conception calculator my first day of my last period was the 8th of dec and it told me i got preg before that?????? i really dont get it!
|

replied June 15th, 2010
Help!!!
hiya my last period was 2 nd april 2010, i am 52 days not 28! i found out i was preg and had a little spottin went for a scan and the bloke said i was barley 6 weeks and it was size of a pea! ive also read that it takes 2 weeks before hand to show up that um pregnant is this true as that means ill be 8 not 6 but im confushed as midwife said ur due bout 17th jan 2011, but said wer find out on 5th july wen u hve ya datin scan which i thought thats a bit early ill be 9 weeks??

so when did i concieve ?
|

replied June 15th, 2010
Re: ..
babiimomma=] wrote:
I have been having the same problems,, with finding out when I conceived. My periods have always been irregular, so it even makes it harder. You are actually 2 weeks pregnant before you become pregnant. Kinda wild huh and freaky if you think about it. Lets say that you are 6 weeks pregnant, well really your baby is only 4 weeks old. Hope I have helped.

hiya my last period was 2 nd april 2010, i am 52 days not 28! i found out i was preg and had a little spottin went for a scan and the bloke said i was barley 6 weeks and it was size of a pea! ive also read that it takes 2 weeks before hand to show up that um pregnant is this true as that means ill be 8 not 6 but im confushed as midwife said ur due bout 17th jan 2011, but said wer find out on 5th july wen u hve ya datin scan which i thought thats a bit early ill be 9 weeks??

so when did i concieve ?
|

replied July 28th, 2010
hayleigh21inlove wrote:

ok i got confushed about it as you can see by pre posts, you are not preg 2 weeks before you concieve that just sounds daft! it takes to weeks to show up you are pregnant and it takes 2 weeks to inplant in your womb so when it does implant you are already 2 weeks pregnant, so when you take the test it will say your preg, im now 12 weeks and 3 days preg i counted back 12 weeks and 3 days and it would of been end of april i conceieved, and im due on 5th feb!! so all this about you are 2 weeks before you concieve is stupid its like goin to someone and sayin hiya im preg but i have to conceieve first!!! just count back from the day then scan gives you
|

replied October 10th, 2010
hi am sort of in same situation just found out am pregnent and had my period on 28th of aug so when did i conceive as need to work out my dates to find out whos it is please help.
|

replied February 15th, 2012
My dates are the exact same an I am on the same situation! My lmp was around The 28th, I slept with my partner on the 8th and 9th, I am on a 25 day cycle! I also had a partner previous to this being the 22nd of august! My bloods were 420 on The 29th sept putting me at 5 weeks from LMP. My dating scan on the 17th of oct put me at 6 weeks 5 days with a due date of the 6th of June! I then had another ultrasound done at what i thought was 12 weeks 4 days that scanned up 13 weeks 5 days, 9 days difference to my early scan. on the 7th if dec that put me at 15 weeks, 8 days ahead of my dating scan and the due date of 30th of may. My 18 week scan said the 2nd of June and my 23 week scan said the 1st of June! The earliest date they put me for my lmp was 23rd aug but I know I did not bleed untill the 28th, I gathered since I am on a 25 day cycle I could add 3 days to their date of my last lmp and count 2 weeks and there's my expected ovulation and the date I slept with my new partner! Mine is very all over the place but if it was the partner before I would be 2 weeks again from the scan that is giving me my last lmp of the 23rd as I know I didn't have a period previous to the 28th of aug untill at most the 7th of aug n would not have been ovulation so late in my cycle to match the parner I had previously and if so the scans i had is 2. Weeks to 20 days off! I fell pregnant the 9th of sept and my due date is the 6th from my earliest dating scan! I hope my example helps you determine your situation
|