Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Numbness/tingling If Feet

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi, I a 46 yr old female. Recently I have been experiencing a tingling/numbness sensation in both my hands and feet. I thought my back was out of line (because it was sore). The tingling in the hands went away but my right foot/ big toe area is still tingling.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 13th, 2005
Numbness, Tingling In Feet
I'm so sorry to hear about your problem. I have a similar problem, but it is in my hands. Several things i've researched could be a neurological issue. Radiculoputhie is a possiblility, or reflex sympthetic dystrophy (rsd) which I believe I have. Right hand began with numbness and tingling, but it turned into a burning that I can only describe as the worst pain in my life. The important thing to do is to keep a journal on when your feet feel in the way you described, try to determine in stress brings it on, look in your medical history for any injury that occurred in your life that occurred below the waist. (in my case, above the waist). Neurolgical disorders are hard to diagnose, and there is much the medical community does not know about nerve pain and the causes and how to treat. If burning is a part of your issue, you must ask questions in medical librarys, the internet, your physician. I myself have gotten no relief from western medicine, so I turned to accupuncture and chinese herbs. It is cost effective, and in my case a life-saver. Good luck to you! Medmess
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Tingling In Feet And Hands
I am a 50 year old female. I have tingling in feet and hands when I sit down. No pain anywhere just the tingling sensation. Can someone help. It is kind of scary.
|
Quick Reply