Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pinching Pain

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
For about 3 weeks now every now and then i've been getting a pinching pain that feels like it's my cervix, because it's the same pain I get when my doctor does a pap smear. I talked the doctor about it and he said that it was a good sign. He said that it was effacement and blah blah blah. Well I started getting the pain about 15 minutes ago and now it's going to my back and giving me a back ache. What the hell is going on?
Does anyone know what pinching pain i'm talking about? It's uncomfortable.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
How far along are you? I didn't really go into labor naturally, but I have heard of back labor where the labor starts in your back instead of your stomach.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm 37 weeks 5 days.
I went take a shower and it went away.
|

Experienced User
The doc didn't tell you what it was only that it was a good sign??
|

Extremely eHealthy
jessesgirl wrote:
i'm 37 weeks 5 days.

I went take a shower and it went away.

since you are nearly 38 weeks, maybe it could be labor. Just keep an eye on it, and since it went away i'd lean more towards braxton hicks instead of real labor. But when it becomes consistent and more intense, i'd get to the hospital. Good luck, keep us updated!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I've been having lots of braxton hicks for about a month now. It's not a contraction. It's just a pain. They've come back. Sometimes when I get it it feels like i'm going to pee on me. It must be her head pushing down. I have a dull backache right now.
|

replied October 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Irritable uterus. It is very common and quite normal in later pregnancy.
|

Especially eHealthy
Omg girl, ive been getting the sammme thing!! Feels like somebodys sticking a knife in the wrong place... And lately ive had a lot of cramping like, period like cramps in my stomach and lower back. I went to the hospital this past monday and they told me it was nothing. I was like.... Ok... I wasnt dilated or anything.
|

Extremely eHealthy
My doctor told me that it was the baby dropping and effacing and everything else. It freaked me out last night b/c I never had a backache from it and it lasted 15-20 minutes straight. Usually it's just a couple of seconds and that's it.
|