Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

~ 1 Week Pregnant (Page 1)

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I had unprotected sex about a week ago. Me and my husband have 2 wonderful boys already. I took a home test on tuesday morning and it came back positive. I have only had sex unprotected once and that was a week ago. My period isn't due until the 19th or so. I am currently trying to herbally abort my pregnancy and was wondering if anyone had tried this. If so can you please email me and tell me what you think I should do.

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hmm...I'm very surprised that you got a positive pregnancy test already...
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hebral abortions just do not work. You will end up needing a regular abortion most likely.

Also, you cannot be pregnant a week after sex, it takes 14 days after sex for a pregnancy test to even show up positive!!

You must have had sex prior to last week!
|

How do you find out about the morning after pill? I was told by a friend that all you have to do is go to the pharmacy and ask for it. Also what is the cyotec or other drug that has been posted here.

Thanks
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You're too late for the morning after pill - it is only effective up to 72 hours after unprotected sex and its effectiveness reduces the longer you leave before taking it.

In the .U.K you can buy it over the counter at a pharmacist for about £22 but not all pharmacists will be willing to supply it without a doctor's prescription.

Where do you live (what country)?
|

I live in the united states
|

Extremely eHealthy
If you are already pregnant, emergency birth control is not going to work.

Cytotec is a drug used with the abortion pill, not by itself(it is dangerous by itself), so you should not use it alone!!

If you are pregnant you need an abortion, and only a doctor is going to be able to help you.

You are most likely pregnant from another sexual act, as pregnancy tests do not show up 1 week after sex, it is too early.
|

replied October 13th, 2006
I have had one medical abortion about 4 years ago and my husband still holds that over my head so i'm not real sure what I should do about this pregnancy. We really can not afford another child right now. How should I approch him about this one.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
You are lucky to be married as you have somebody in whom you can confide and come to an agreed decision. Many women who fall pregnant after one-night stands, rocky relationships, and unsupportive partners don't have this chance. Your husband has no right to hold your previous abortion against you; although maybe he wanted to keep the baby, the foetus was occupying your body, therefore it was your choice to end your pregnancy. The same applies for your current pregnancy. Although it would be great for your husband to be involved in your decision and for you to agree together, the final word is yours. Do not be forced into a choice you do not want to make, as the consequences can be devastating.

Does he know you think you're pregnant (i say "think" because it really is too early for you to be sure. Wait until seventeen (to be on the safe side) days have passed and then take a pregnancy test)? If not, then this is a good thing for now. If he does, then don't worry. I don't advocate lying, however if he is against your plans to abort and you are sure you want it then you can either tell him you still want to go ahead with the termination - it's your body and your choice, or, if really necessary, you can tell him you're not pregnant and terminate the pregnancy secretly.

The most effective method of abortion is suction-aspiration abortion, which is used in the earliest pregnancies (first trimester). The great thing about being aware that you may be pregnant so early on, is that, if your test comes back positive, you will have the safest method of abortion that exists. It will be a form of suction-aspiration abortion called manual vacuum aspiration (often nicknamed mini-abortion, mini-suction), which is a method used for the earliest detected pregnancies (from three to seven weeks gestation after last menstrual cycle). It will take only up to ten minutes, in which time the doctor will put a cannula (flexible tube) attached to a syringe in your cervix and suck out your uterine contents (including embryo and other embryonic tissue). Your cervix won't even require dilation. It is the form of abortion which offers the lowest percentage of infection.

Keep us informed. I hope you make the right decision for you.

Kypros.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Krupros..... Only a few clinics in the us offer manual vacuum aspiration, mine does not.. They still perform early abortions, just not using that method.
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2006
Experienced User
Ok, then the other form of suction-aspiration abortion, which is known as electric vacuum aspiration, will be used if mva is unavailable. It is still very, very low in health risks and one of the most effective methods used.

Kypros.
|

Experienced User
Re: ~ 1 Week Pregnant
kterry wrote:
i had unprotected sex about a week ago. Me and my husband have 2 wonderful boys already. I took a home test on tuesday morning and it came back positive. I have only had sex unprotected once and that was a week ago. My period isn't due until the 19th or so. I am currently trying to herbally abort my pregnancy and was wondering if anyone had tried this. If so can you please email me and tell me what you think I should do.

if you got a positive pregnancy test, you are more than one week pregnant. The morning after pill is to prevent implantation. Implantation has already occured, hense the map is not an option. If you are not going to keep the pregnancy, you would either have to terminate via medical (ru486) or surgical abortion. And if your husband is already holding a previous abortion over your head, maybe you need to seperate for a while. What kind of person would do that? Not someone the respects or loves you, that is for sure.
|

Especially eHealthy
Isn't the point of the morning after pill to prevent ovulation, not implantantation? I thought it was equivalent to a double-dose of birth control pills. Perhaps it does both; but I believe the primary purpose is to stop ovulation.
|

Experienced User
eiri wrote:
isn't the point of the morning after pill to prevent ovulation, not implantantation? I thought it was equivalent to a double-dose of birth control pills. Perhaps it does both; but I believe the primary purpose is to stop ovulation.

it does both.
|

replied November 15th, 2006
Re: ~ 1 Week Pregnant
kterry wrote:
i had unprotected sex about a week ago. Me and my husband have 2 wonderful boys already. I took a home test on tuesday morning and it came back positive. I have only had sex unprotected once and that was a week ago. My period isn't due until the 19th or so. I am currently trying to herbally abort my pregnancy and was wondering if anyone had tried this. If so can you please email me and tell me what you think I should do.

Thank you

do people not get this?? If you dont want kids use protection??? Now your talking about how to kill it? Come on now?? Ur an adult. You should know better.
|

replied November 16th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Give the woman a break, lucy376. I'm sure you have made mistakes in your life. And she doesn't need to hear your pro-life babble - that is not supportive.

I have to concur with the other posters that you would not get a positive pregnancy test result this soon - you probably conceived from another instance of intercourse. As far as the herbal abortions, they need to be done during the first four weeks of the pregnancy and are only about 50 percent successful, and even when they are successful, a normal abortion is usually required to ensure the fetal matter made it out entirely.

Think about your current situation - you said yourself you cannot afford another child at this time. If you kept this child, everyone else in your home would have to suffer to support it, including your other children. The child could end up not getting everything it needs to be happy and healthy, and you may need to end up making sacrifices that impact your sons.

As far as your husband, he doesn't seem like he's very considerate of your feelings if he holds your previous abortion over your head, especially after four years. There is no need to 'approach' him about this matter because it is your body, and ultimately your choice. If he doesn't like your choice, then tough noogies - he'll have to deal with it. Try asking him where he plans on finding all the extra money to care for a third child. Also try asking him if he cares at all about how you feel.

My only suggestion would be seeing a doctor if you can to see if you can find out just how far along you are. Then decide what you want to do from there. No one here can tell you what decision to make.
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
carifairy wrote:
hebral abortions just do not work. You will end up needing a regular abortion most likely.

Also, you cannot be pregnant a week after sex, it takes 14 days after sex for a pregnancy test to even show up positive!!

You must have had sex prior to last week!

amen to that!! Exclamation
|

replied November 29th, 2006
Why wouldnt you just suggest adoption instead of abortion?? Why would you push abortion?? Duh..

cambion wrote:
give the woman a break, lucy376. I'm sure you have made mistakes in your life. And she doesn't need to hear your pro-life babble - that is not supportive.

I have to concur with the other posters that you would not get a positive pregnancy test result this soon - you probably conceived from another instance of intercourse. As far as the herbal abortions, they need to be done during the first four weeks of the pregnancy and are only about 50 percent successful, and even when they are successful, a normal abortion is usually required to ensure the fetal matter made it out entirely.

Think about your current situation - you said yourself you cannot afford another child at this time. If you kept this child, everyone else in your home would have to suffer to support it, including your other children. The child could end up not getting everything it needs to be happy and healthy, and you may need to end up making sacrifices that impact your sons.

As far as your husband, he doesn't seem like he's very considerate of your feelings if he holds your previous abortion over your head, especially after four years. There is no need to 'approach' him about this matter because it is your body, and ultimately your choice. If he doesn't like your choice, then tough noogies - he'll have to deal with it. Try asking him where he plans on finding all the extra money to care for a third child. Also try asking him if he cares at all about how you feel.

My only suggestion would be seeing a doctor if you can to see if you can find out just how far along you are. Then decide what you want to do from there. No one here can tell you what decision to make.
|

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: ..
lucy376 wrote:
why wouldnt you just suggest adoption instead of abortion?? Why would you push abortion?? Duh..

cambion wrote:
give the woman a break, lucy376. I'm sure you have made mistakes in your life. And she doesn't need to hear your pro-life babble - that is not supportive.

because the woman has already made up her mind and this is an abortion forum! Dont like it bring it to the debate board~!

Anyways
kterry
do what you feel is right none of us can really give that exact answer you want but we can give you directions on where to go. Second off, its alright for your husband to be mad but its not alright for him to hold it over your head, I think h e should seek counselling that may be a complete other issue or maybe hes going through guilt!

The difference between you and other people is you know you cant afford another child and your taking responsibility for your actions, yes there is other choice too but you made the one that you believe is right for you. Your a mature adult, when someone puts you down you can see the level of maturity between you/them.

here is something im posting just for lucy

if that child went up for adoption, how long before she actually got adopted? How many fosterhomes would she have to go through and scars from never having the same mother would she have to suffer?

When you live in the real world called earth bring it to the debate board!

Sorry for the long post~!
|

replied June 26th, 2011
i need proper iformation on the manual vaccum aspiration i did
i tested positive after having o manual vaccum aspiration. dont feel the usual breast pain anymore but i get the nauseating feeling
|
12 >>