Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Nausea At Night (Page 1)

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
Does anyone know what the cause could be for feeling nausea during the nigth before you go to bed, in the middle of the night, but gone by the morning?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper herzik
|
Users who thank herzik for this post: poohsmommie2011 

replied February 3rd, 2007
Re: Nausea At Night
I know how that feels. How long for you? Me, about 3-4 years. Doctors say nothing of it. Possibly gas, guilt, anxiety, depression.
James
|

replied October 25th, 2011
PLEASE LISTEN!
I have been dealing with this for 9 years!!! I just now have found out that it is dairy, especially MILK and yogurt. Through systematically taking things out (on top of the pills and doctors, and potions, ect. It also comes along with anxiety. Ask your doctor for valum. If you feel an attack coming on, a valum works almost every time. I went from 3 times a week, to once in the past THREE months. NO MORE MILK!!!!
|

replied January 24th, 2009
night nausea
I have this too, but I'm not sure if it's purely psychological or physical. I think it must have something to do with stress since it's usually gone by daylight. Has anyone tried hypnosis or therapy?
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2009
night nausea
i get nausea on the night before i go to bed and i have to eat something sweet so it could go away.
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2009
Night Nausea
i had it two times allready. I wake up in the middle of the night. struggle getting breath and the i bring up. and everytime its gal from my galbladder
|

replied April 8th, 2011
It sounds like you might have Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. I'd go to the doctor to check for it.
|

replied October 9th, 2009
i got sick with vomit for like a few days then took medicine went away but not the nauseas at night =(
|

replied August 10th, 2010
night nausea
i have been dealing with the same thing , and i have no clue what it could be , i have read some things , some people think it could be acid reflux , i wish i knew i get it alot .
|

replied September 4th, 2010
i know how u all feel i get night nausea at night too and goes away with sleep it also comes with hot flashes but luckly i only get it once every couple months. Dr thinks im nutz cause he can't find a solution
|

replied September 6th, 2010
i used to get nausea at night and lots of stomache cramps, found out i have ceoliacs disease (gluten intolerance
|

replied September 6th, 2010
sudden, severe nausea in middle of night
the past two nights, i have awakened aroun 3 or 4 with severe nausea and dizziness. I have thrown up once and then felt better. the other time i was too dizzy and sick to get to the bathroom. both nights after the episode ended, i went back to sleep with no other problems. What is this?
|

replied May 5th, 2011
Night Nausea
that is why I am here. Between 1 and 4 in the morning, not every morning but a couple of times a month, I wake up feeling extremely nauseous. Only a couple times I have thrown up, I can usually sit by the toilet and wait out the nausea, but when it is gone, I am fine. I go back to bed and wake up as if nothing happened that night. I have noticed it happens when there is a ton of stress in my life, or if I eat more than normal that day.
|

replied December 12th, 2010
nausea at night only
I have Nausea at night and aroung 3 to 5 am for a few nights. I have celiac disease but I just started dealing with this issue.It may be from cheating from the designed diet? I'll keep you posted.
|

replied January 29th, 2011
Bets
I jave acid reflux and take prozac morning and evening. The nausea comes after lieing douwn for an hour or two. I feel liquid comiln up to my nose I am afariad it will go into my lungs if I fall asleep, this has happened 2-3 tines and had to be hosptialized for phenomona(SP) This is getting worse by the week. I need to know if anyone knows what this is has had anything like it.
|

replied March 7th, 2011
i just started getting nausea at night. i have gotten it 4 times in the past 2 weeks but always feel better by the morning. i really wish i could figure out what is going on. i'm only 21 and fixin to get married.
|

replied October 25th, 2011
PLEASE LISTEN!
I have been dealing with this for 9 years!!! I just now have found out that it is dairy, especially MILK and yogurt. Through systematically taking things out (on top of the pills and doctors, and potions, ect. It also comes along with anxiety. Ask your doctor for valum. If you feel an attack coming on, a valum works almost every time. I went from 3 times a week, to once in the past THREE months. NO MORE MILK!!!!
|

replied October 26th, 2011
nausea
i suffer also with this i was told i have lots of acid in my stomach and in my gullet ive stopped drinking and ive had my bloods done my heamaglobin count is 18.0 which is high so i need to get it down a bit i also smoke and this can raise the blood levels my doctor thinks its mostly panic attacks but i dont think so ive been taking nexium but i dont find them to be working at ll its making my life a misery also have right bundle branch block in my heart so i get palpations which scare te life out of me
|

replied October 27th, 2011
I have delt with this for two years. I've had my gall bladder removed and still having attacks. This current one has lasted 7 days. The latest guess is that it is related to my cycle. I have been tested for everything under the sun. No celiacs, no diabetes, no cancer, no???? I know stress aggrivates it. I don't eat much dairy so I don't think that is my problem. I have lost 20 lbs in the past month from not being able to eat.
|

replied December 13th, 2011
I have a similar problem of nausea at night usually when I start gettin very tired. I had it worse when I was younger (like 13) and again now during a stressful week of finals (21). The only thing that seeemed to help when i was younger was eating something or simply going to sleep. It has even caused me to throw up a couple of times.
|

replied December 28th, 2011
I am having nausea when I wake up during the night or early am in last 2 months. I don't like to go to doctors, can someone please tell me what it can be?
|

replied July 13th, 2012
Nausea
The best thing i do for the nausea at night is take hot showers even at 3 in the morning because it helps me get rid of the stress which i think is the cause of it and it makes me fall asleep and you couldnt even tell tou felt sick in the morning
|

replied July 14th, 2012
I have found that if I stay up late and into the early morning, I get very nauseous. I found out that my blood sugar gets low from "fasting" over night. Keep some crackers or light snacks near your bed at night, and a bottle or glass of water. Takes the edge off long enough for me to sleep. If it's too low, or you get dizzy and hot flashes or sweating, take a wet face cloth to the back of your neck and forehead. It helped me out a bit.
|
12 >>
Tags: nausea
Quick Reply