Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Two Periods...am I Pregnant?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
This month I had my regular period at the right time then about a week later I had another one that is still on going! Mine bf and I had sex once but we used protection and checked the condom for leaks afterwards...I have never had more than one period and I have been off of bc for at least a year, and I cant get a gyno apt. For another 3 weeks so im worried...Someone asked if I had a misscarriage but I dont think that is an option either...Help me please im soo confused!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2006
Supporter
No I don't think you are pregnant, 2 periods aren't that uncommon on occasion, many reasons can cause this from stress to just your hormones changing, wait until next month and see if it happens! Or take a preg. Test!
|

replied May 29th, 2009
TWO PERIODS IN THE SAME MONTH?
I had a boy in jan of 2009 and now its may and i had my normal period 7days like its should be and one week after it stopped it started again now going on 3 days my sons father and i have had sex twice once with protection and one time with out i dont know what to do i am scared that i may be pregnant again and my son is only 4 1/2 months old
|

replied July 27th, 2010
HELP!!
I have a problem!! I had my last son Nov.2004 and then i got fixed. my husband and i have been having uprotected sex for 5yrs.My periods have been very reg. every 28days for 5 days,but this month i had my period 2 weeks ago and now i started ago...Can i be pregant? or whats going on??
|

replied July 28th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
It is unlikely you are pregnant. It could be some kind of hormone issue going on. If you are concerned (which you obviously are, or you wouldn't be posting a message board) you should go see your doctor.
|
Users who thank Mabel for this post: cmccrory 

replied August 13th, 2010
two periods in one month...pregnant??
I had 2 period this month, one was fairly normal and the other was more red. I've also been spotting in between. I've been off birth control for about 6 months and my boy friend and I have had sex but have used condoms or withdrawal. Unless he is using a condom, he has never "finished" inside me. I have also increased my level of activity over the last 3 months. Could I be pregnant or is it more likely my body just trying to figure out whats going on and regulating itself??
|

replied March 10th, 2011
AM I PREGANANT PLEASE HELP
I HAD THE MIRENA REMOVED ON DEC 28 2010 WELL LAST MNTH WHICH WAS FEB 9 2011 I HAD A NORMAL PERIOD THEN HAD ANOTHER WIERD PERIOD ON THE 28 TH OF FEB IT ONLY LASTED TWO DAYS AND WAS REALLY BROWNISH. NOW ITS THE 10TH OF MARCH N STILL NO PERIOD.. IV TAKIN TWO TEST AND THEY BOTH CAME BCK NEGATIVE.. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHATS GOING ON???
|

replied July 19th, 2012
to all who are worried
Your cycle is perfectly in sync, and there is no need to worry. Multiple periods give a lesser likelihood of pregnancy. If you have your period the chances that you are pregnant are miniscule, despite reports that pregnancy can arise during menstruation
|

replied May 30th, 2013
That's so not true i had my period twice in one month then that next month nothing then found out I was pregnant with my daughter she's turning 3 in July I also had my son on Nov 3 2012 and I had my period twice this month which is may 2013 so I think im pregnant again by time will tell no need to pp
|