Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Can't Eat Much, Sometimes Feel Sick, And Now Constipation!

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I've been having eating issues for a while now. It's mostly been the last 6 months through a year. I love eating but sadly I eat only half of what I used to. Sometimes when I smell food I get full in the sence I dont want to eat. This only usually happens around my boyfriend's mother's cooking. I dont know if it's just her food or spanish food in general.

Sometimes when I eat at work and then move around i've gotten sick but never thrown up. Yet. I've come really close though. I thought maybe it was suger so i've cut down but even when I do have sugar outside of work it doesn't bother me half as bad as it does at work.

Now i'm having really bad constipation. I'm wondering if this has to do with the eating problem. I know this sounds nasty but I need to get it out. When I am able to move my bowels.. And I have looked at it, it's brown like normal but it has like some white fluff stuff all over it. At first I thought it was just the water eflecting light but when I looked closer it did look like fluff white stuff. I'm scared sh*tless. (no pun intended) whats going on with me?

These problems have really started after going on the birth control patch but I really hope it's not that. And no i'm not pregnant! Sorry but evenone i've talked to has asked me that. I've never missed a period and its been 6 months now. If I was I would be showing by now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Can't Eat Much, Sometimes Feel Sick, And Now Constipatio
ladymissie wrote:
i've been having eating issues for a while now. It's mostly been the last 6 months through a year. I love eating but sadly I eat only half of what I used to. Sometimes when I smell food I get full in the sence I dont want to eat.

hi. You sure seem to need some help or an advice. You say you have issues with your eating, but what kind of issues? Like restricting your eating? You sy you've never thrown up, which is something good to hear.

ladymissie wrote:
now i'm having really bad constipation. I'm wondering if this has to do with the eating problem. I know this sounds nasty but I need to get it out. When I am able to move my bowels.. And I have looked at it, it's brown like normal but it has like some white fluff stuff all over it.

i don't know what that can be, and i'm sure you haven't gone to a doctor; otherwise, you wouldn't be asking here. But it must be something related to your eating, thought. About your period, it must me a side-effect of the patch, really... It can also be from your eating, but it's more likely to be from the patch...

Hope you get better! If you ever need something, just shout!
|

replied March 5th, 2009
hi i have the same issues but i dont have the white fluff ... also im not pregant ethier !
please write back a reply
thankyou
mizzcutie20
|

replied March 8th, 2009
Re: Can't Eat Much, Sometimes Feel Sick, And Now Constipation!
These problems have really started after going on the birth control patch but I really hope it's not that. I've never missed a period and its been 6 months now. If I was I would be showing by now.

What is your weight now and height?Your period stops if your weight is too low or you drastically lost a large amout of weight recently...the loss of period is called amenorrhea. The disruption of the menstrual cycle could also be because of the fact that you started taking the pills.They are artificial and you body adapts to them and then doesn't produce hormones on its own once you stop taking them-that is what happens in many women...

Considering constipation....you need to take fiber and water.Fiber on its own doesn't work!!!You ned water for it to take its effect.Look at how much fruits and veg you consume a day,how much water you drink and add dried fruits,oats,pulses to your daily nutrition.

If you have any questions,please feel free to write a message to me.
|

replied April 30th, 2010

Hi , i have had a similar problem , apart from i cant eat at all. i used to love food , but the past week i feel sick even being near food. i have been trying to eat but the most ive ate in a week is a piece of toast , and that was a struggle. x.
|

replied June 4th, 2010
Can't Eat as Much Any More
I have had very similar problems with eating the thought of consuming something would make me feel sick.
When i was younger i would binge on food i loved it now I never seem to have an apatite and can only eat small portions this has been a problem for over 3 years now, and sadly I'm to poor to seek professional help in an office.
(the only thing that seems to help me is to smoke a joint first to get the munches then I can eat more than most, but I don't always have supply on me.)
|

replied June 21st, 2010
Possible Eating Disorder?
I have a similar problem. And im 13. I have to eat so often, because i can only eat a couple bites at a time. But i can crave a food, then... the thought of that food makes me feel sick all of the sudden. I know i have some sort of undiagnosed disorder because if i eat too much sugar without balancing it out with nutritious stuff, i get shaky, my vision blurs, i turn yellowish, my muscles weaken, i feel sick, and if i dont eat something immediately, i throw up. But as soon as i get some food, everything gets better literally right away. Its frustrating. My 11 year old sister can eat more than twice the amount i can, my dad makes fun of me and practically force-feeds me, and my moms just worried. Im skinny but still considered healthy, and i feel fine. I just dont get it.
|

replied August 7th, 2013
binge eating
This story sounds just like mine. Just recently I started Jr.Rotc at my school and like as soon as I walk into the school I feel sick.We have lunch breaks there but I can never eat and if I do I feel like puking. I've come close though but never actually did. Also I haven't been constipated or missed my period. But I've lost to much weight and I just want to know what is wrong.
|