Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

34 Weeks And In Hospital

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey girls,
i am now 34 weeks today, yay!!! I am in the hospital though. I started spotting wednesday. My dr's office did a sonogram thurs. My cervix is really short and totally funneling, with baby's head right there. I asked to see a doc. And the sono tech. Talked to the doc and he sent me to triage. They hooked me up to the toco and baby heart beat monitor, and I was contracting. They gave me a shot and pill of terbutaline, which helped the contractions tremendously. The doc. On call was in a c-section and was going to send me home, 2 hours a way. I asked the nurse to please check me b/f discharging as the son. Tech. Didn't think things looked good. She felt confident that I was fine, but checked anyway. She checked and said she couldn't send me w/o the doc. Hours later the doc came in and was also going to send me home with terbutaline since the contractions stopped. I asked her too to check me since the nurse didn't think it was a good exam. She checked me and said I couldn't go anywhere. I am 1-2cm dialated (maybe more, but she didn't want to push the cerclage - stitch to keep me from dialating.), 50% effaced, and the baby is at a -1 station. They'll keep me here on terb until I am 35 weeks unless the baby comes before then. At that point, they'll take the cerclage out and take me off bedrest and see what happns.

I will only have my friend's laptop until sun. Or mon., so after that it may be a while before I can post. Look forward to hearing from you all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Aw it must suck being in hopsital. I know the feeling. I had recurrent utis during my pregnancies so I was in hospital for a week or more each time hooked on a drip and bored senseless. At least you know that your baby will be here soon!

Don't worry i'm sure s/he will be fine. I'd take this chance to just relax and sleep as much as you can. You deserve it! Xxx
|
Did you find this post helpful?