Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Itchy Skin, Turns Red

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have been experiencing itchy skin for a couple of years now and have been coping with it by taking claritin to minimize the itch somewhat. There seems to be no rhym or reason, it itches all the time. Thought I was alergic to something, tried eliminating things, changed things to no avail. The itch is bareable, however I have also noticed that my skin is now very sensitive. Not to pain, but whenever I simply scratch an area that is itchy, I turn bright red in that area. If it's on my back I end up with big scratch marks in the line where my finger nails scratch. The embarassing part is if I just scratch a little spot on my face, I end up with these bright red lines on my face where I scratched. I am not scratching hard at all, I can just barely rub it and it turns red. There is no pain associated with it, in fact sometimes I have no idea I have these red lines on my face until someone says what did you do to your face. They do fade away in 10 minutes or so. I have kept it moisturized. Just not real sure what the deal is. Should I get tested for allergies, could I have a disease... Is this something common and no big deal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2007
I have similar symptoms. Hopefully we will get a response from someone other than the traveling salesman. Wink
|

replied February 17th, 2007
I have the same symptoms and havent found a way to treat it yet either. My doctor just gave me hydroxyzine but it has only been a week so I really dont know if its going to cure it or not. If anyone has a better way to treat it please let me know. Does anyone even know the name of this condition?
|

replied February 21st, 2007
Hi!!!
i am new here.and i have the skin problem you guys have.pls help me.i want to live a life without these.i have to avoid what food?

i think i have this fpor more than 10 ytrs now.but previously i can live with it.but now i am working i cant wer make up even lipstick and powder..

pls help me
|

replied November 8th, 2009
Itchy Red skin, What is the cause?
I have the same issue as the first letter, dealt with this for years with an allergy medicine, but the last months, it has gotten worse, the allergy meds are no longer working. Many times after I just graze my skin it will turn bright red and many times get a hive look just where it was grazed-- always bright red, then itches even more.Has their been a reply?

Red and itchy, in Indiana
|

replied November 22nd, 2011
RedPatchesOnMyFace
I have been having something similar except the redness does not go away only after a few days. Nothing really helps minimizes the red except time. But for the itch I just pat some organic ACV on my face to help it stop itch.
|