Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

Concerned & At a Loss

Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
I'm 38 and full time mom of 6 year old and 3 year old. I have had irregular, painful, clotting (along with passing tissue), heavy periods for about a year now. My periods last from 8 to 11 days....Ugh!

Late november I had a d&c, which did not change a thing. Now, I sweat each night (to the point that i'm soaked) for about a week before my period starts. That abruptly stops after I start. To top that off (and this is really embarassing), i've noticed this month that I have a strong odor of ammonia coming from my bleeding.

I don't know if i'm going through pre-men. The women in my family never start anything early so i'm pretty sure this isn't the case. The ammonia odor has me really thrown (and concerned) and i've not heard of anything like this.

If anyone can shed some light on this....... Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 27th, 2004
Wow, i'd be concerned too. Have you been to a doctor recently about this--either your previous one or a new one? Not only did your previous treatment fail to resolve your problem and so you are right to question whether you need more followup, but the addition of the ammonia odor obviously poses the question of whether something more is happening now.

Maybe it's time for another round of visits, with the starting point that you have this problem that a d&c didn't resolve.
|

replied February 15th, 2004
I noticed an ammonia odor also,but I realized it was the type of pads I was using during my period.The odor was even worse with the pads that have "baking soda" in them.I tried about every brand of pad until I found one that didn't cause the odor.Sounds strange,i know,but I think it has something to do with whatever the pads are made of combined with my own body chemistry.Try using the deodorant pads.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov