Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Forced Abortion And Persecution of Children

User Profile
Forced abortion and persecution of children
the emotional bond that a mother has with her child, whether born or unborn, is a sacred and powerful one. In chinaâ's labor camps, not only is this bond not respected, but it is wielded as a weapon to force pregnant women or mothers to give up their belief in falun gong.

For example, one cannot imagine the anguish of ms. Wang lixuan when labor camp authorities tortured her infant son to death and took her life as well.

Because detaining pregnant women is against policy in china's labor camps, it is common for pregnant detainees to have forced abortions. In one case, when a falun gong practitionerâ's baby was ripped from her womb after eight months, the baby was conscious and crying; it was taken away, never to be seen again. Pregnant and nursing women are also forced to perform hard labor, often resulting in complications in pregnancy and miscarriage.

Scores of children have been left unattended after their parents are detained. They wait anxiously with relatives for their parents to return, not knowing whether they ever will come home. In some cases children are left alone to fend for themselves, and dozens have been orphaned.

Mother and eight-month-old son tortured to death
on october 21, 2000, ms. Wang lixuan and her eight-month-old son, meng hao, were arrested and detained at tuanhe labor camp in beijing, where they were tortured to death on november 7, 2000. When her family received the death notice and arrived in beijing, they found the frozen corpses of ms. Wang and her son. According to the coronerâ's examination, her neck and knucklebones were broken, her skull was sunken, and there was a needle stuck in her body.

There were two deep bruises on her sonâ's ankles, two black and blue spots on his head, and blood in his nose. The bruises may have been caused by guards shackling little meng haoâ's ankles and hanging him upside down.

The authorities declared on the death certificate that the two had â committed suicide by jumping off a building,â even though this was inconsistent with their injuries and the coronerâ's report.

Family members of ms. Wang have also been persecuted. Her sister, ms. Wang lihui, was sent to a labor camp simply because she practiced falun gong exercises at yantai university, and her brother was sent to a labor camp for practicing falun gong at jinan industrial college.

Forced abortion at full term
ms. Zhang hanyun, 33, is a resident of hanzhong city, shanxi province.

In march of 2000, because ms. Zhang practices falun gong, she was forced to attend the anti-falun gong brainwashing class held by the hanzhong city â 610 office,â even though she was pregnant and expecting her new baby soon. To avoid persecution, ms. Zhang hid with a relativeâ's family. Her father owned a contraction company. Under instructions from the hanzhong city â 610 officeâ staff members, the beiguan administrative office closed down the construction sites of ms. Zhangâ's father and brother in an attempt to force them to hand over ms. Zhang. They also handcuffed ms. Zhangâ's husband to the jialing river bridge to humiliate him.

In the end, ms. Zhang was arrested and sent to the brainwashing class. When the staff of the hanzhong city â 610 officeâ realized that ms. Zhang would soon be giving birth to a baby, in order to keep her detained at the brainwashing class, they took her to a hospital, where she was subjected to forced late-term abortion by dilation and extraction. The horrifying procedure is hard to imagine.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Oh god, that is just so bloody horrific and I don't think anyone in their right mind, pro-choice or pro-life, would say otherwise. How could someone torture a little child like that? Crying or Very sad or an adult for that matter, but to do that to a child...Well you'd have to be seriously twisted.
|

Extremely eHealthy
purestgreen wrote:
oh god, that is just so bloody horrific and I don't think anyone in their right mind, pro-choice or pro-life, would say otherwise. How could someone torture a little child like that? Crying or Very sad or an adult for that matter, but to do that to a child...Well you'd have to be seriously twisted.

i agree, that's terrible.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I may be sadistic, but even then I prefer to see people getting the crap beaten out of them when they deserve it...Not for sh*ts and giggles. It's awful that these innocent people had to go through this.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I know that this is a little bit off of the subject but look at charles manson ripping the fetus from .Sharon .Tate, some of you might not remember it. It is a sick world. The young kids and children carrying guns, killing our guys in viet nam and the shooting of the .Amish after he had supposedly raped 2 20 years ago, things that are going on in our back yard. It is horrible! Sick! Even in our government, our schools, our own homes.
|

Especially eHealthy
Forced abortion in china is a huge, and sickening problem.
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2006
Experienced User
eiri wrote:
forced abortion in china is a huge, and sickening problem.

agreed. This story is horrible. How anyone could do anything like that to .A.N.Y.O.N.E. At all is disgusting!!
|

Especially eHealthy
paganangel wrote:
eiri wrote:

agreed. This story is horrible. How anyone could do anything like that to .A.N.Y.O.N.E. At all is disgusting!!

indeed... These doctors don't even care how far along a woman is in her pregnancy either... And to tear a potential child away from a wanting mother is just heartbreaking. They don't tell the young woman what they're doing, they just whisk her away and forcibly abort her fetus.

In china, for those who don't totally know, you are only allowed one child if your firstborn is male, or two, if the firstborn is female. Because of this, many second-born female babies are abandoned, especially in the rural areas. Also in rural areas, birth control is not widely available, and families are often a little larger than they "legally" should be. Task forces from the chinese government swoop down on rural villages, find out who's kid is whose, and then forcibly take young pregnant women whose current pregnancy is going to break the rule, and abort the child.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
eiri wrote:
paganangel wrote:
eiri wrote:

indeed... These doctors don't even care how far along a woman is in her pregnancy either... And to tear a potential child away from a wanting mother is just heartbreaking. They don't tell the young woman what they're doing, they just whisk her away and forcibly abort her fetus.

In china, for those who don't totally know, you are only allowed one child if your firstborn is male, or two, if the firstborn is female. Because of this, many second-born female babies are abandoned, especially in the rural areas. Also in rural areas, birth control is not widely available, and families are often a little larger than they "legally" should be. Task forces from the chinese government swoop down on rural villages, find out who's kid is whose, and then forcibly take young pregnant women whose current pregnancy is going to break the rule, and abort the child.

i've read quiet a few things about what they are doing but is it true that they try to bribe and pay the families that don't break the "child limit" rule but restrict assistance and money to those that do break it? It so sad to hear about the things that go on and know that there really isn't anything you can do to help them.
|

User Profile
paganangel wrote:
eiri wrote:
paganangel wrote:
eiri wrote:

i've read quiet a few things about what they are doing but is it true that they try to bribe and pay the families that don't break the "child limit" rule but restrict assistance and money to those that do break it? It so sad to hear about the things that go on and know that there really isn't anything you can do to help them.

yeah it is true pagan I have actually seen newborn babies in the gutter in china left to die whilst people walked past to scared to help them just because they were born the wrong sex it is sick
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
The conditions in china are so bad, hubbys cousin was born in china and they sent the mother away as it was her native country but they wouldnt let her keep both kids. Its sad but its true, !**@! like this happens everywhere, for some cultures if a woman is raped they will kill her so drs will lie to the parents about a persons hymen(although yes it can break from just a bicycle ride.)
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
diamond splinter wrote:
i have actually seen newborn babies in the gutter in china left to die whilst people walked past to scared to help them just because they were born the wrong sex it is sick

oh my god, do you mean you have really seen these things or you have seen them on television? If you saw those babies 'in real life', how did you stop yourself fom picking them up and looking after them? Were there too many? God, .I knew human rights were dire in .China but that is just awful! Crying or Very sad
|

User Profile
purestgreen wrote:
diamond splinter wrote:
i have actually seen newborn babies in the gutter in china left to die whilst people walked past to scared to help them just because they were born the wrong sex it is sick

oh my god, do you mean you have really seen these things or you have seen them on television? If you saw those babies 'in real life', how did you stop yourself fom picking them up and looking after them? Were there too many? God, .I knew human rights were dire in .China but that is just awful! Crying or Very sad

yes I mean I have really seen them I was in hunan in the early 90's it is so hard not to pick them up and help them but the minute you touch them you are commiting a criminal offence which is punishable by custodial sentence.
One woman was arrested while I ws there for taking a photograph and they would only release her when she handed over the film
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
diamond splinter wrote:
yes I mean I have really seen them I was in hunan in the early 90's it is so hard not to pick them up and help them but the minute you touch them you are commiting a criminal offence which is punishable by custodial sentence.

wow, that must have been so tough for you. I'd find it excruciating to have to walk past a dying animal let alone a tiny human being. Crying or Very sad

may I ask what you were doing there? Was it charity work? Just curious, sorry for being nosy! Wink
|

User Profile
purestgreen wrote:
diamond splinter wrote:

wow, that must have been so tough for you. I'd find it excruciating to have to walk past a dying animal let alone a tiny human being. Crying or Very sad

may I ask what you were doing there? Was it charity work? Just curious, sorry for being nosy! Wink

i was doing research in changsha a small hunan province
|