Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Why Do I Sometimes Feel Like Crying For No Reason? (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I wouldn't consider myself depressed, though I know I used to be.

Still, at random times when i'm speaking to someone I just feel like crying even though nothing bad has happened or been said. And it's like I have to try really hard to hold it in or i'll just burst into tears.

Am I just over sensitive?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile little_girl
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Some people are very sensitive, especially females mainly to do with their hormones and it can sometimes be a medical problem with your hormones being out of wack and I am not saying you are crazy, their is nothing to be ashamed of sometimes we all need a little help, if you feel that your crying is out of control, you should think about talking to your Dr. Some females release their feelings that way by crying, I used to laugh alot. I am not a Dr.

All the best to you!
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2012
sometimes it happens because of negative feelings building up inside you. when you tend not to find in life what you have always dreamed off and want-discontentment. slowly ove time these feelings build up inside you and to let it loose you feel like crying. this might be because of little things in your everyday that may hurt your feelings and slowly over time this may swell into one big hurt or it could be your want for something really badly. crying in its elf isnt a weakness or deficency it is perfectly normal to cry it shows humanity and the mercy in your heart but excessive crying can be disturbing.

sometimes i would feel that i couldnt confide in any one and i found that the thing that really eased my pain was taking a shower, cleaning myself the best i could, covering myself in modest clothing everything from head to toe excluding my hands and my face and falling into prostration
there i would cry as much as i wanted till no more tears could possibly come out and confide all my issues to God and plead with him to ease my pain and yea after that i would feel so much better
that was when i realized that eventhough we're always blaming God for not taking care of us properly when you make the effort to seek him out he will personally take care of his slave. the slave that turned to him for help at there moment of pain.
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2012
i totally agree with you, you are right our inner desires make us cry when we slowly realize that we might not have that thing or we might loose it.... i'll work on it as you have said lets see how it comes up...
|

replied February 23rd, 2013
There's no god.
|

replied February 23rd, 2013
There's no god.
|

replied April 30th, 2009
crying
i am post menapuse but still have hoy fluses is this normal
|

replied May 30th, 2009
crying
my name is crystal and the same things happen to me =[
but in my case i cry out of the nowhere and get sad
but i dont evan know why .... someone askes me and i say i dont realy knw and it hurts me inside because i think they might think that im crazy or sumthing .. did u find an answer 2 ur question if so; can u tell me ??
|
Users who thank crystal21 for this post: jemmas  jemmas 

replied June 24th, 2009
This is me on a regular, if not daily basis.. i cry for no reason what so ever. I could just wake up in the morning and start crying. my parents or nobody know anything about what is going on with me so it is really really difficult.
I dont know why it happens either..
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied March 2nd, 2012
you are rude have and no idea of what people are going through emotionally. you are pathetic.
|

replied March 2nd, 2012
you are rude have and no idea of what people are going through emotionally. you are pathetic.
|

replied October 26th, 2009
Same problem here i feel like crying for no reason to when i talk i dont get it i have to skip presentations or else i probably burst into tears like a baby in the middle of class plus my head feels wierd
|

replied October 27th, 2009
I guess that it's the silent heart way to tell you that something is wrong...Maybe there's something very deep inside ypu taht you don't want to look at...Don't worry, and face it. Then you'll know at least the why.
|

replied October 27th, 2009
the same thing happens to me. I thought it might just be hormons or something at first, but it's depression. I started Lexipro, that helped a little bit, and it might work for you too.
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2009
The same thing happens to me! I used to be depressed took the drugs and had counseling but nearly every day i burst into tears ... even when I've had a good day!! I don't feel depressed like i was but i just wish i understood why i do it!! can anyone help?!?
|

replied August 17th, 2011
I also cry even on a good day, like nothing happens at work, people are happy, and then all of a sudden I felt this dread. I am a receptionist at reception, and it is hell picking up a phone call with a normal voice and attitude. So what I did was forced my self to smile despite, it sounds good on the phone, and releases some tension, because it makes the brain think you're happy, it sort of cheats the brain a little. I had to do this, so I wouldn't burst out crying in the middle of reception, with all the clients staring...Try to force yourself to smile, or focus on something you have to do right this minute, like, maybe there's an email you have to answer orsomething, and concentrate on this. Also I suggest get some new friends, I decided to extend my friendship list, and get on with your life outside of comfort zone
|

replied November 22nd, 2011
Hi Gem,

I've sat for the last 2 hours reading comments on the internet and found yours very reasurring. I too experience your listed symptoms almost 100%. I went on holiday recently and had to sit with a guy and his sister in a restaurant and talk when I didn't want to and I walked out of the restaurant because under my eyes were filling up with tears and they were staring at me...Uh, it was awful. I went outside with my husband and cried like I'd never cried before, infact my husband said that I had cried like I was in pain, such was my grief. I think I am experiencing perimenopausal symptoms and they trigger into my past childhood traumas of abuse.

They say life begins at 40, I'm 46 ...yippee!

Mel
|

replied February 17th, 2012
Well i'm only 17 and this happens to me probally 3-5 times on a daily basis.
|

replied April 18th, 2012
My suggestion is take a pencil and hold it sideways with your lips. It causes two things to happen, one you have to focus on something entirely different and two it evokes the same neurotranmitters when you smile. It helps, but not 100%
|

replied December 25th, 2012
The same happened to me at the same age as u and I know how u feel and it's horrible and sad .
You feel helpless !! But there is always help out there
My parents split up when I was quite young had something to do with the way I was feeling my dad just said I was mad but he is a jerk !!
My mum on the other hand put her arms around me and gave me the luv and help which I was much in need of she brought me to our family gp and had some Counciling which helped me a lot .
Help is always there you just have to look in the right place, don't despair crying is a good way of releasing stress look after yourself
Wish u the best merry xmass
|

replied August 17th, 2011
I also cry even on a good day, like nothing happens at work, people are happy, and then all of a sudden I felt this dread. I am a receptionist at reception, and it is hell picking up a phone call with a normal voice and attitude. So what I did was forced my self to smile despite, it sounds good on the phone, and releases some tension, because it makes the brain think you're happy, it sort of cheats the brain a little. I had to do this, so I wouldn't burst out crying in the middle of reception, with all the clients staring...Try to force yourself to smile, or focus on something you have to do right this minute, like, maybe there's an email you have to answer orsomething, and concentrate on this. Also I suggest get some new friends, I decided to extend my friendship list, and get on with your life outside of comfort zone
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2011
Crying all the time - boxing myself away
I have found myself crying most of the time over nothing, like you, everything will be okay and then the next min im crying. I because of this ive managed to box myself off from my friends and now I just feel like no body wants to talk to me. I used to be so confident and I would talk to anyone but now im struggling even talking to my own friends. Because of this I wake up every weekday with my stomach churning knowing that I have to go to Sixth Form and I go home every day for my dinner which means I have 10 mins for my dinner - I only do it because I feel like I have no one to be with at Sixth Form. The worst thing is that I don't like telling my mum and dad exactly how I feel because when they see me crying all the time and not wanting to go to Sixth Form they just think im being childish and need to get over it - when I just say that im trying my hardest to stop being silly there just like 'obviously not, stop crying!' or 'well you need to try harder then!' Anyone know whats the matter with me or have any suggestions of what I could do? Please? I feel that if I know whats the matter I can tell my family the whole of it and can hopefully get back to myself. Thanks
|

replied November 16th, 2011
Perhaps there is an underlying issue either current or from the past. However, I believe you shouldn't repress those feelings because that'll only make it worse. Question yourself over why these feelings arise, such as what am I thinking about before I feel that way? Thus, you should explore those feelings because maybe you're in emotional pain. Even your dreams can hold the key to understanding yourself. If you decide to understand your dreams, keep a journal and write down immediatly what happened in your dream keeping in mind objects, people, and actions because those are symbolic to your person. Explore what you consider to be the truth about yourself. I hope this helps.
|

replied February 9th, 2012
Hey, I don't know if you've found the answer to what you're looking for, but if you want some support finding where to go, there's a great helpline called Get Connected. they will listen and based on what you're looking for connect you to the exact service you need...all for free. They don't give advice, just listen to what you say you need and help you find it...for any problem.

Their number is 0808 808 4994 - and it's still free from mobiles and wont show on your phone records. Otherwise they also have webchat, email and text. Anyway, check them out if you're interested www.getconnected.org.uk
|

replied April 25th, 2012
My son was like this during years ten and eleven. Go to your doctors please and tell them, also is the sixth form office approachable. Ask to speak to one of the ladies in there and they will be able to help. Please don't suffer in silence sweetie. Go and chat to the doc who will maybe refer you for some counselling. This helped my son tremendously. Take care luvvie.
|

replied November 12th, 2009
I read recently in Womans World Magazine that a women did it all the time (crying for no reason) & found out it was a medication she had been taking "progesterone" & it made her hormones out of wack. She quit taking the med & her hormones straightened out.
|

replied November 14th, 2009
Random crying
Birth control pills can cause this.

I went from crying only three or four times a year to crying every other day, at the very slightest upset. If I was even stressed a tiny bit, I'd start bawling. I felt like I had turned into a psycho. It was terrible.
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2013
Hey,
Can this also happen on the implant,
i started on the pill and it made me feel upset all the time then i went on to the implant and now i cry almost every day....even the slightest thing sets me off and i don't stop for hours ? xx
Skyee xx
|

replied February 18th, 2010
i know wut u're talkin about..
When i go out with my family or friends.. we're all laughing and having good time, then suddenly i feel really sad..
sometimes my heart beats so hard that my chest hurts me because of that.. i can barley breath
and my stomach hurts 2 much like it's tearing apart inside
and l8ly my hand got shaky for no reason

of course all this didn't happen from the begging.. at first it was just sadness and now my life is f*** up

i didnt use to tell anyone about it.. but than i felt that the pain is just 2 much so i told my mom about all this.. she used to have depression
and said the same thing happened 2 her , she also being diagnosed with Anxiety

also i got fat.. rly fat
but a couple of months ago i lost 20 kgs and now im 5 kgs away from my perfect wight

so my advice for u is.. fight from the begging tell someone about it before it destroys ur body like it did 2 me

by the way Im 17, nobody knows of this expect my mom, and even if i told anyone they wont believe.. around my friends im the cheerful one-or so they think- the one making everybody laugh.. u know which one im the talking about.. the one making fun of the teacher and everybody think he never takes anything seriously.. but here i am talking about depression

wish u the best
|
Users who thank M0hd for this post: hopeless_love  justgirl 

replied February 22nd, 2010
crying for no reason?
reading down the posts i got to @umm's comment and i burst out laughing here in the coffee shop. he said: "when i read this c r a p - i cry" then the laughing morphed into a sigh, then tears coming. just heard a song i liked, tears coming. sometimes it's like hearing a siren far away- you know the tear truck is coming. i've been a depressed person for so long i can read myself like an audio book. usually, it's a signal that somewhere in the backround i have un-resolved anxiety and fear that i'm not attending to. and that being off meds is a !**@! sometimes. but that's the way it is. i need to get out in the sunlight, i need to get some comfort, i need some re-assurance. either from someone else, or from something that i do for myself. and stop reading "this c r a p" that i pay attention to - things i have no control over, things i have no involvement in, things that are horrible but far away. i don't ever watch TV news or read the newspapers (earthquake? where?) and i ask myself: "what am i afraid of?" "what am i missing?" when that answer comes, i have something i can do, either fix it, put it off, or see it as the phantom it really is. hardly any of the "bad stuff" i'm afraid of ever happens. depression is my own brain LIEING to me. sometimes i can figure out the lie and shed truth upon it. sometimes i can't figure out what the lie is, but if i can at least realize that it IS a lie, then i can let it go.

and the tears for no reason stop.
|

replied February 22nd, 2010
this is making me feel weird b/c im not that old and i have been doing research on depression and have taken test and everything and the all say i am or could be highly depressed but i just dont know how to tell that to my parents.....
|

replied February 23rd, 2010
Pumpkinpooh wrote:
this is making me feel weird b/c im not that old and i have been doing research on depression and have taken test and everything and the all say i am or could be highly depressed but i just dont know how to tell that to my parents.....

i feel ur pain, its not exactly the kind of thing u just drop in a conversation

Hows school?
it's okay, by the way im have depression

and where did u take this test?
|

i feel like crying out of sudden sometimes 2, and i get really depressed..
im around my friends laughing, suddenly i get sad i try hard to hide it, i fake laugh all day, and when i get home i lock my self in my room
|

let baby cry
Just let it go, I heard that baby crying is to help develop their lung. Do not hold it purposely.
|

replied March 4th, 2010
Diagnose me please
Going to the doctors and actually talking about my emotions scares me, even signing up to this and typing this has taken a lot of guts.
Basically I've been feeling sad a lot lately, I think its stress but I've been feeling this for a while before the stress was this bad
I feel really embarrassed to even let people know I feel this that my friends and family see me as happy go lucky. Really I just want to cry all the time
and I do in the comfort and privacy of my room.
yeah can someone tell me how to cheer myself up? I cant handle crying.
I look like alice cooper
|

replied March 4th, 2010
bananabutt5 wrote:
Diagnose me please
Going to the doctors and actually talking about my emotions scares me, even signing up to this and typing this has taken a lot of guts.
Basically I've been feeling sad a lot lately, I think its stress but I've been feeling this for a while before the stress was this bad
I feel really embarrassed to even let people know I feel this that my friends and family see me as happy go lucky. Really I just want to cry all the time
and I do in the comfort and privacy of my room.
yeah can someone tell me how to cheer myself up? I cant handle crying.
I look like alice cooper

Its nice 2 know am not the only one..
|
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply