Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Depressed About Not Being Pregnant (Page 1)

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Hi everyone,

i just want to ask if there are other people out there who seem to have a hard time getting pregnant when everyone around them is! I know you should relax and let nature take it's course but how have others coped?

Thanks ladies,

xxx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JaneB21
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Hi. Yeah I know what you mean! It is like people who don't even want kids get pregnant without trying and I am sitting here trying and trying. But I had a m/c in april and my cycles have been really messed up since then so I finally went to the doctor and he didn't think I even ovulated at all last month and he thought they were all screwy too (i bbt chart) so next cycle I am starting clomid! I am excited because hopefully it will work!
Good luck to you!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Oh yeah clomid works. I have 4 friends that took it and were instantly pregnant. Lol good luck to you and to blinky. It is really important to relax and even more important to enjoy yourself while trying. The more you get worked up about it the less of a chance you have. So they say. =) good luck to both of you.
|

Experienced User
Thanks ladies, i'm glad i'm not the only one thinking everyone is pregnant except me. It's harder when your family and people you are working with announce that there pregnant and i'm happy for them but i'm also jealous of the fact that it should be my turn.

Anyway, i'm seeing my gyno in november and hopefully she will also put me on clomid. Although I have heard that after 4 months on it and you haven't fallen pregnant you should stop using it. Has anyone else heard that?

I'm trying to be cool about it all but some days are harder than others.
|

User Profile
replied October 4th, 2006
Experienced User
My doctor told me after 6 months should be the cut off time for using it.
Yeah you are definately not the only one!! I have had 3 people announce pregnancies all with no complications (which is awesome for them!) and one person give birth since my m/c and I am like, what the heck???
But it will be my turn soon I hope! And yours too!!!!!
I am glad it seems like clomid works, I have heard good things about it.
|

Experienced User
Thanks tululabell - it helps when others know what I am going through.

Lots and lots of babydust to you.

Good luck, fingers crossed!!Xxx
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Aawww thanks!!!! Lots of baby dust to you too!!!
|

Hey girls, to those of you not getting pregnant, I have always heard that the shear stress of worrying about getting pregnant and questioning if you are, then stressing when you're not, will cause you to have a harder time getting pregnant. I have heard, unsure if medically accurate, but stress causes you to release less hormones with your cycle, thus slowing the process of ovulation. I am not sure how it all works, but stress certainly alters our female hormones and cycles. I know it's easier said than done, but try to find something else to occupy your mind and quit stressing, andyou'll get pregnant. If not after several months, make sure you talk to your doc, as something else might be going on.
|

replied October 8th, 2006
Hi

my g/friend has pcos and we've just foud out she's pregnant after trying for about 6 months! Keep trying, relax and you will be fine.
|

User Profile
Ok, this is going to sound so stupid, but it has worked for me with my first baby lol

after intercourse, take two pillows and stick them under your hips, or roll over and stick them under your pelvic bone so that your butt is in the air and you're on your stomach. *this is straight after as soon as he pulls out* stay like that for 10-15 mins. This will help gravity pull the sperm further into your utarus.

*this isnt 100% but its something to try.*

also dont get upset if it doesnt work, just keep trying and just relax it also helps to pinpoint around which time you ovulate as well.

Also, the 'doggie style' position works best,
|

User Profile
Experienced User
What worked for me this time was bd'ing every other day until af comes and using the pillow technique (under hips after sex). We didn't stress about it and made everytime a lot of fun and different (locations, positions, time of day). If this doesn't work after about a year there might be something medically wrong preventing you from becoming pregnant. Just keep trying until you reach that year point then see a doctor for some fertility testing. I know a year sounds like a long time but it can take up to that long for a perfectly healthy couple to conceive.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I too used to get upset after my m/c and someone would come in and say that so and so is pregnant or someone just had her baby, you do become more understanding but I did go on to have to wonderful babies.
Sometimes it is a good idea to get the both of you checked out.
Baby dust to all!
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi Girls
Iam also someone trying very hard to become a mommy

good luck & baby dust to you all
|

replied January 17th, 2009
Hi Ladies
Yes!! All my friends are pregnant but me..I am 32 sick of my job, my hubbie and I are so ready for a little one 9 months trying 1 iui no luck...any advise??
|

replied January 17th, 2009
Hi everyone,
all of u have really good points about how stressing can make it harder to become pregnant because how should i know right? Well i have beein try for about 4 months now to become pregnant but not luck only for the pass three monhts my period has been the same, in November i didnt have a period so i was really happy cuz i thought i was but on december 3rd my period came and this months it was three days late but was not like anyother period because this one was really light and not heavy like every month, it was only 3 days long when it was supposed to be like 4 or 5 days ans lately i have been having be feelin like if im pregnant because of the dizzyness, headach, backach, the feeling of needing to vomit........ and advice i really need it
|

replied January 19th, 2009
Hi all
I have been trying for 4 years now and still nothing i have been to the doctors and they have tested me and my partner and all results came back clear they called it an unidentified infertility.
I am at that point where i feel it will never happen i have tried almost everything i want this so much and its not happening.
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2009
Depressed about not being pregnant
Hi all,

It's nice to see that i am not the only one that feels depressed on hearing that your friends are preggers and you're still waiting. My husband and i have been trying for a year now but sadly i'm being shot down every time one line comes up on the hpt. i am also diagnosed with PCOS so it's really depressing for me. Any ideas as to how you guys cope with the feeling of depression??? Nothing seems to be working for me.. Sad
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Hi babyblu,

Wow so many stories of not falling preg, and feeling depressed. I am 30 and my bf & I hav tried for a year also. I thought I was alone in this struggle, its a comfort to kno I am not the only one. My bf is supportive but dosnt really understand my depression on the subject. Thanks 2 all of u on here, I can finally speak about it to others...Im on Clomid at the moment..fingers crossed.
Good luck girls...baby dust to all...xoxo
|

replied June 12th, 2009
HI everyone ! I had 2 miscarriages and then a tubal..All witin 9 months. NOw one tube is blocked . I was on clomid and progesterone suppositories but no dice this month. EVERYONE around me is having there second or third.. Just this morning I feel I am falling into depression. I'm alreay on zoloft and have been for years! Sigh. totally bumbed out. So VERY frustrating!! If I here one more person say, "it makes it worse if you stress, just relax". I might lose my mind!! That has to be the WORST advice EVER!!!! its inevitable I'm going to stress out!! Thanks for listening. Hubbie doesn't get it. Just tells me DONT STRESS IT WILL HAPPEN!! He has 2 boys from a previous marriage who we have custody of. He has NO idea what its like to be me! I'm mom to his kids but its just not the same! Sometimes I feel he could care less if we have any kids of out own! He doesn't say that of course, but sometimes thats how i feel.
|
Users who thank babydustplease for this post: tdoyle2010 

replied June 13th, 2009
Hi "Babydustplease"
Hi,I sort of kno how u feel hun. I had an ectopic preg 10yrs ago, as a result lost my right tube. Got diagnosed wth PCOS last yr. Then only to find out I hav Endometriosis on left side of uterus. The good news is left tube is healthy. So totally over all the ops, poking and probing from Gyna! Then, my personal life is similar. My bf has two chn, 7 & 8 yrs old frm previous relationship. I adore them, but he as the attiude that hes been there done that.He says...'dont stress, and, "it will happen", "theres no prob wth my sperm!" (he refuses to see if he plays a part in me not conceiving). So not sure he wants more chn, even tho he said he does..
Good luck chicky....Clover Smile
|
Quick Reply