Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Tender spot on the top of the head

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Recently I noticed a soft spot on the top of my head that is tender to touch and seems to be causing severe headaches. Has anyone heard of this before? Also have what feels like stinging in my hips...:p thank you for any help you could give me.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper DABBADOO21
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied December 28th, 2012
Irresponsible response!
What an irresponsible thing to say!!! I can think of no other doctor who would give such a reckless diagnosis based on on sentence!
|

replied January 17th, 2009
burning soft spots on top of head
I hate to disagree with the doctor, however I have MS and experience this every time I have a flare up. The spots are the size of your finger tip usaully last 3 to 4 days. The soft spot seem to get deeper by 2 day, I always have pain in my body that accompany, being typical to MS it will be in alittle different area everytime. The headaches are terrible, many times I have had to go to the emergency room, they give me a shot of toradol, which is a strong Ibuprofin. Durning these times I have a really hard time concetrating, I just refer to them as my stupid spots. I recently participated in clinic study with Tovaxin, I had several MRI and none showed that I had turmors. Hope this helped you.
|

replied April 9th, 2010
I also have tender spots on my head the Dr''s don''t know what they are. If I touch them they start a headache. My MRI was clean and CT also I have been off work since Oct. 1, 2009 they can''t find anything wrong I am passing out when I stand up to long bloodpressure goes up to high and when I sit down it goes to low. I am lightheaded and filling like I am floting or high on something it comes and goes can''t walk, drive, stand up,talk, think, ect. I have been to UVA twice and seen neuro Dr. there they are wanting me to see a Vestibular Balance Center I live in West Virginia and that is a long drive for my husband and me. Can anybody help?
|

replied August 30th, 2012
sore head
I get sore spots on my head not as in physical spots but sore patches to the touch as in tender When I get this I know Im going to come down with something usually an ear infection or bad throat Ive had it for years can anyone say what it is that makes this happen ? As soon as the ear/throat infection comes out then the tenderness goes away ??
|

replied December 28th, 2012
I have recently began havig this symptom this year.I have ben diagnosedwith rrms and I get tis all th time...worse when I am about to get or am sick.(even a cold)Ithurts when I touh it making it difficul to wash my hair or brush it.I just assumed it was te ms,because I have hd all kids of weird and painful sensations ith the ms.ometimes I get ahedache with it,or I feel pressure in my ears or neck.Sometimes it is tolerable,other imes I need t 3's to make it go away.I hope that you get the answers you are looking for...just know that there is someone with ms that also gets thi...sometimes when you get a weird symtom you can feel all alone...like no one undestands.
|
Quick Reply