Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Mucus Plug Leaking?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
How do you know when your mucus plug leaks or disolves? I had a lot of discharge that was semen like (sorry for the comparison). If it was my plug when should my water break? I'm due the 11th
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper so_n2_u1116
|

replied September 29th, 2006
I know when my plug fell out when I was pregnant with my son, it was real thick like ovulation discharge with a mix of blood. And....Your water can take up to 2 weeks after your plug falls out before it breaks, if it even does. Mine didn't, my dr had to break my water. Hope this helps!
|

replied October 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Jess
When u loose your mucus plug it should be mucusy with a ting of red blood you can start to loose your plug as early as 28 weeks an nothing can happen you may just be getting extra discharge it happens in late pregnancy
|

replied October 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I though I lost my mucus plug at 34 weeks because I had discharge with a bloody show for about 2 days....And then the discharge was a lot for the rest of the 3 weeks. I went into labor at 37 weeks but my water never broke.
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
how do you know mucus plug is leaking
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
what about when you have bad lower back pain
|
Quick Reply