Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Bone Graft Removed Due to Bad Taste In Mouth

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I had a root canal 3 years ago and it was discovered that it was so infected at the root, that the tooth had to be removed. 3 months ago, I had the tooth extracted and a bone graft prepared for the implant of the tooth 6 months later... Almost instantly, I experienced this unusual bad taste in my mouth and constant salavation. Regardless of brushing, flossing, etc., the bad film/taste appears within seconds... I had the bone graft removed 2 weeks ago thinking this was the cause of the bad taste. After the pain subsided, the same symptoms came back. I am not on any medication nor did I change my eatting habits. I'm hoping that someone has experienced this and can offer some suggestions... Thank you in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2014
Bone graph/Bitter taste in area with graph.
Did it ever go away? I have this bad, bitter flavor in my mouth..in the location of my bone graph...very bitter and comes back instantly after mouthwash or teeth brushing. Frustrated!
|
Did you find this post helpful?